Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Do all 2012 Auris T Spirit come with cruise control?

Doreen dauris

I've just bought a 2012 Auris T Spirit hybrid and noticed a cruise control controls. The car salesman (who admitted hating cruise control) said it was just there as a generic control arm but there wasn't cruise control. I see cruise control listed in ads for other T Spirit so I'm thinking maybe he's talking rubbish and I've just bought a car with cruise control (won't have it for a couple of weeks) 

Hi, 

yes all t-spirit comes with CC indeed. 
Salesman , what can you expect from ,…

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Woop woop, I always wanted a car with cruise control and now I bought one without knowing 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Congrats! Cruise Control is one of my favourite things on the motorway! :biggrin: 

• Haha 1

Yeah, it's on motorways I need it. I spend so much time checking my speedo to make sure I'm at 70. Is the speed limiter basically a function that just stops the car going any faster than a set speed? That would be amazing! (you can see I've only ever had really old cars, I'm easily pleased:-) 

Cruise control it’s not so good as it sounds. 
In hybrids particularly will make the car engine scream high rpm if you are going uphill and not accelerate before that to gain speed while at level ground or downhill. A proper driver will do my hair better.
Fuel efficiency is also slightly reduced. It’s a useful tool but not in all the times. Works really good when you are going downhill and you want to maintain speed without touching the brakes. It uses regenerative braking to slow down the car and does very well indeed, better than B mode. 👌

Aha, the B mode, what's all that about? Is regerative breaking not permanently on? When would I use the gear stick to go to B mode? What did it actually do? (sorry, I'm sure I could read the manual but I'm thinking you guys will be a lot more knowledgeable 🙂

7 minutes ago, Doreen dauris said:

Aha, the B mode, what's all that about? Is regerative breaking not permanently on? When would I use the gear stick to go to B mode? What did it actually do? (sorry, I'm sure I could read the manual but I'm thinking you guys will be a lot more knowledgeable 🙂

We had discussed  this here many times.
The B mode it’s engine braking, use only when going steeper downhills, engaging the engine to provide stopping power, similar to overdrive in old school automatics or lower gear in manual cars. It does use regenerative braking more than if you only lift off accelerator, however it does add more heat and stress to the car hybrid system so not ideal but does come handy at times. 
Not recommended to use all the time. 
If this is your first Toyota hybrid it is like totally different car from all others. Best to read the car book and slowly you will start to learn about it. It is very smart technology and probably the best invention in the auto industry to date. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links