Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo MK1 Gremlins

Andie1141

Really hope someone can help. I have the weirdest issue with my Aygo. It’s like Triggers Broom but I love it so much. The interior light stopped working one day, but so did a load of other things at the same time. 

The interior light must stay in the door function otherwise the stereo won’t work. As soon as we put the lights on dipped beam, the stereo won’t work. If the interior light position is changed to off or on, the stereo won’t work and if the lights are on, it will turn off the dipped beam tell tale. After a few miles at night the stereo Speakers will start to pop but still won’t turn on. Also the fuel sender now takes and AGE to register any fuel which happened the same time as the interior light/stereo/headlight saga. 
This is driving me mental, can someone advise where to start looking please?

Sounds like a ground issue.

Technically speaking:  When a connection is bad, car will do all sort of weird things.  The most common point is the negative terminal attached to the car body.

Hi Andrea,I would suggest you start by inspecting the wiring for any damage or fraying around the affected systems. Test the Battery and alternator to make sure they’re working properly. Check all ground connections are clean and secure. Also check the relays and switches for any systems that aren’t working and replace them. If these steps don’t resolve the issue, it might be better to take it to a mechanic or auto electrician as they can diagnose the problem for you.👍

start at the Battery make sure the terminals are clean and tight - any running issues, had any water getting into the boot?

interior light and the radio are on different earth points c1 and c2

do you get the same issues with the blower motor turned on

Do you have the factory radio if so do you have a hands-free kit fitted ?

The elephant in the room is the radio, as the symptoms you have don't add up to it being a ground issue

Do you have anything permanently plugged into the 12v aux port aka cig lighter if so remove it

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links