Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

No Sat Nav 2019 C-HR Icon HEV!

DeniseO

I have just purchased a 2019 C-HR Icon with a Touch 2 system.  I have just been advised by Toyota that to get Sat Nav added its going to cost £3,500!!! This seems rather an extortionate price and I can not affords anywhere near that.  The system also does not support Carplay.  Does this sound right or were they fobbing me off.  I need Sat Nav and stupidly  thought the car had it installed as the button is on the screen. 

Any help or a point in the right direction from anyone who knows would be amazing.

1 hour ago, DeniseO said:

I have just purchased a 2019 C-HR Icon with a Touch 2 system.  I have just been advised by Toyota that to get Sat Nav added its going to cost £3,500!!! This seems rather an extortionate price and I can not affords anywhere near that.  The system also does not support Carplay.  Does this sound right or were they fobbing me off.  I need Sat Nav and stupidly  thought the car had it installed as the button is on the screen. 

Any help or a point in the right direction from anyone who knows would be amazing.

Buy a stand alone sat nav system (Tom Tom or others) or use your phone.

Certainly no more that £300.

"Any help or a point in the right direction from anyone who knows would be amazing".

Just connect your phone with a cable and use Google maps.......that should point you in the right direction. 😀

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DeniseO said:

Sadly, this sounds correct. On a 2019 Icon grade, Touch 2 was standard; Touch 2 with Go (navigation) was an option that the original owner chose not to have. Touch 2 with Go was standard on the Design, Excel and Dynamic grades (which doesn't help now).

The £3,500 figure is, presumably, to replace the built-in Touch 2 system with a Touch 2 with Go system - which wouldn't be a cost effective upgrade at this point.

Android Auto and Apple Car Play were introduced from late 2019. Some systems were upgradeable retrospectively to add AA / ACP support; other were not. You could ask your dealer to double check whether AA / ACP can be added but it is perfectly possible that that is not an option either.

So, as others have already said, your options appear to be limited to a third-party navigation system or your smartphone - either of which, while less convenient, will probably provide a better navigation solution than the original Touch 2 with Go.

That's a shame. If not upgradeable to AA ACP then buy a Tomtom from marketplace for £50 or less for a 6". 

IIRC it was the facelift from October 2019 built C-HR that introduced Android Auto & Apple car play. 

You can get 3rd party aftermarket units that can be connected to these earlier Toyota infotainment units to gain Android Auto & Apple car play on the vehicles original display. 

Have a smartphone, you have the world in your hands. 
Buy a good dashboards mount and your smartphone can be the best infotainment system in your car, actually in any car. 
For £3500 I can buy another car 😅

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links