Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gauge Configuration

urotsukidoji_badassdemon

Gd morning peeps, OK, I bought an EL gauge kit from a guy in NY last week, it arrived yesterday. Thing is, I was told by a guy with a turbo, that the US cars gauges are in different positions. I can't even remember which way round mine are, never mind a US spec one!! Can someone tell me, from left to right, the conf. of the gauges, ie, fuel,speedo,rev pls on a UK car, and which way round from left to right on a US spec car. The kit I got looks like the rev is on the left, speedo on the right, not sure bout the little ones yet. :help:

Jap is the same as UK .. and i think all four are reversed on the US cars ..

Yeah, i looked at an old Max Power mag US sepc car and a Fast Car UK spec car, the US four main gauges are totally opposite way round!!!, so on a US spec car, L2R, temp, rev,speedo,fuel.BLOX. NE ideas how I can get around this guys?? I got US EL gauge kit to go on my UK spec car now!! GIT. I thought all gauges, US, UK, Jap were all made the same. GIT. If I get the clocks off a US car, would they still fit AND work in a UK car tho? I'd have thought so huh? Bummer. And the matey asked me to give him a good feedback on the forum when I get the stuff!!! Hmmm.

Blox. Does ne1 do the UK /Jap spec kit for less than 20 quid then? Unless, I get a set of clocks from a US car?!?!? The wiring loom should all be the same right?? But then, thats what I thought about the gauge kit too!! Hmm. Blox. I guess I'll have to wait till I get my car back. Another weeks wait.

Well, when I do eventually get m car back, I'll have to rip the clock box out again. I know the gauge units unscrew off the perspex light carrier behind the faces, but can't remember if the units themsleves have the steering column cut out in them. But then, if I do switch themeter all around, then everything isn't gonna work as it should if at all when back together init!??! i don't know, gonna have to have a play. If all else fails, I may have to get a clock set from the US.

Dont think you'll have any luck either way. Your best bet would be to stick the ElGlo kit you have back on ebay(worldwide) and get yourself a set from speedhut.

I think your only hope otherwise is to see if you could persuade a U.S clock set to fit inside your existing UK/Jap casing. The complete U.S cluster wont fit as the fixing brackets wont line up but since the dials are pretty similar they may fit into a UK pod, but will the cicuit board fit too??, then I guess its a case of reversing the order the connectors plug on (if thats possible). All in all sounds like a lot of bother and still risky. I think I would bite the bullet and spend a bit more for a proper UK set from speed hut.

Blox!!, Well, I found some people parting out as they say in the US some MK2's last night, and asked them how much for a clock box shipped to UK. Gotta check later. Hopefully not too much. Who,s knows, I may be the first person to have reversed clocks in UK !!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links