Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

RAV4 PHEV Pano Sunroof option and Side Steps

Paul1905

Evening (again)

Does anyone have a view on these?

I had originally got both of these on my order for the GR Sport PHEV but the time  for delivery is now stretching into 2025 unless I change my colour choice which I’m reluctant to do.

The side steps are no longer available to order full stop as an option - I’m told it’s a supply issue in general. Any info on this would be helpful!

The Panoramic roof slows down my order considerably (by several months) and I don’t really know if it’s worth the wait. As the driver I suspect I don’t massively see the benefit and I’ve tried to find reviews of it and guidance on everything from noise, to heat in the cabin, to leakage, but there seems to be very little info out there.

Any views, reviews or general info would be great!

Thanks

• Like 1

Couple of topics on the pano roof:

• Like 1

Side steps just make your trousers dirty. I looked but decided against for this reason.

Pan roof for me is a must. The cabin is gloomy and dark. The light through the moon roof makes a huge amount of difference for me. And I like it open driving around countryside and mountain roads. Never had a problem on the 2021 PHEV nor on the GRS I've just swapped to.

But all down to personal preferences.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Katie said:

Thank you

What is the moon roof?

Sorry, pan roof. It gets called the moon roof in the US. 

Pan roof on the PHEV GRS is what I was referring to.

2 hours ago, Nick72 said:

Side steps just make your trousers dirty. I looked but decided against for this reason.

Pan roof for me is a must. The cabin is gloomy and dark. The light through the moon roof makes a huge amount of difference for me. And I like it open driving around countryside and mountain roads. Never had a problem on the 2021 PHEV nor on the GRS I've just swapped to.

But all down to personal preferences.

& just to give the opposite view - I had a pan. roof on a previous Avensis (admittedly one that the glass did not open) & it's not something that I would pay for again. 

• Like 1

Side steps can probably be bought somewhere on line and retro fitted. Personally I think they are a nuisance and look tacky. In my view the pan roof will make the car more desirable come trade in time and in the meantime lets light into anotherwise gloomy cabin. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, GilesC said:

What colour did you choose, to make delivery stretch to 2025?

Solid black with the pan roof. Apparently a bi-tone will be quite a bit sooner but I’ve not seen a bi-tone I like!!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Katie said:

Solid black with the pan roof. Apparently a bi-tone will be quite a bit sooner but I’ve not seen a bi-tone I like!!!!

Interesting I ordered Galaxy Black (I didn't want to compromise on the color either!) GRS with Pan roof on 7th Sept, and it's currently on the boat according to Toyota app, so should be 6-8 weeks away. Didn't go for the other option though (side steps).

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links