Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Find Em An Fcd (and Other Question)

EmR2T

:)

1) K - seems like the mr2oc store is out of the bargain fcd's so does anyone know of anywhere I can get one from for the £17-20 price? Don'y much fancy paying 100 quid for an HKS one :eek:

2) If I were to install a grainger valve as a temporary measure till I fitted a EBC, would the connection/T for the join place of the grainger valve be used once removed to fit an ebc or would I need to rejoin the hose?

3) When fitting a boost gauge to the rhs A pillar, which way is best to route the hose? round passenger seat under carpet then where??

Thanks very much :)

i wouldn't let hose concern you Halfords will supply hose and clips for £3.99, mail mr2oc and ask anyway as often they have stock but havn't updated the site.

You have recently installed fcd/mbc/gauge haven't you?

Are you able to say where you route the vacumn hose for the gauge and what sort of length/size I should get to make sure it can get there :)

Was it easy enought to fit the FCD? By the looks of the MBC that part seems simple enough.

all easy I'm selling my left over tube for boost gauge on eBay, I tapped into the tube going to the pressure sensor, ran tube alonge the boot firewall, behind the overflow, past the petrol filler through the bulkhead with the loom, behing the passenger seat, along the transmission tunnel up to above the stero and put the gauge there. :)

The MBC is easy too, get some hose from Halfords put the MBC between the turbo and actuator, then other side of the actuator remove the little tube and put longer tubes in from actuator out and VSV, block both ends with bolts :)

FCD harder but not that hard, look at pressure sensor see colour of wires blue black, red and brown.

for rev2 ecu plug 2 has blue and black, cut insert FCD wires, then ecu plug 1 one of the 3 brown wires splice last FCD wire in :) (this is what i had trouble with, getting the right brown)

go for drive and set boost :)

Thanks very much steve - that is exactly what I needed to hear B)

I assume the mod won't have any effect on fuel consumption?

I was also thinking of changing the plugs as I believe this is recommended? If so, which NGK ones on the mr2oc store are best NGK Iridium Heat 6 or Heat 7?

Thanks

Thanks for that Deus :)

So has anyone fitted a boost gauge on the A Pillar? I don't see where you would route the wires from the ash tray on...

And I take it the TIM make boost gauges in Halfords are crap?

hmm - maybe go for one of them then instead of going via online. They are only 35 quid :lol:

Ideally I wanted one that read psi - but I guess bar will do.

Aye think I will go for a 2 bar black faced TIM gauge then :)

How much hose am I looking at needing? I have heard 10 feet of it to be safe!

And no one knows how you route hose ot the a pillar then??

Aye think I will go for a 2 bar black faced TIM gauge then :)

How much hose am I looking at needing? I have heard 10 feet of it to be safe!

And no one knows how you route hose ot the a pillar then??

I've got a tim guage spare .. ;)

Route the hose through the grommet on the passenger side then round the bottom of the door and then up behind the dash ..

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links