Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Service / MOT

65mike

Hi all.

Like your opinion on this one see what you all think.

I took the Aygo for it's annual service last week the car is now 4 years old had to have a MOT to which it passed.

I got the old video which I could hardly understand what he was saying but he recommended the Air con service and the Gearbox oil change👿

Now I off course said no the car has done 8565 miles yes the figure is wright from new are they having a joke it is 4 years old from new and was purchased new by my mother.

Iam not going to say where the garage is at the moment but it will probably not see them again.

What are you opinions on this.

65mike.

• Like 3

I think the Aygo gearbox oil service needs are - for normal use - inspection at around 40k/60k miles, replace if required with the same at 48-month intervals.

You probably aren’t going to do any immediate harm by not having it done - but oil does degrade over time as well as use - I think it is only a couple of litres of oil.

Personally, I think the garage is being helpful by suggesting the oil change - it is a low cost way of giving your gearbox the best chance of a long and healthy life, but it is always your choice.

• Like 4

I don't see any cause for being upset about receiving a recommendation; it's your choice whether to follow it or not. By all means, vote with your feet if you feel aggrieved, but be aware that this technique of offering extra paid services is common practice among franchised car dealers these days. If you don't want what they're offering then just politely decline and move on with life.

• Like 3

At this age and mileage this car most likely needs nothing but engine oil and oil filter change along with cabin filter. Maybe a new set of wipers and brake fluid test.
The AC regas is ok to be recommended but again at so low miles really there is no need.
Transmission fluid it’s not a time intervals but miles and easily will last 60k miles and more. Definitely not a good service recommendation and honest opinion.  
What I would suggest is a use of premium e5 petrol from bp, esso and a fuel additives as preventative maintenance. Pump extra psi into the tyres.
Low miles cars require slightly different way of proper care. 

• Like 2

As Tony says an AC service/regas sounds fair given age, but depends how it performing if worth doing, but they trying it on with the gearbox oil change, would of thought they would recommend a brake fluid or coolant change before that!, but first time for everything. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, TriumphMan said:

I think the Aygo gearbox oil service needs are - for normal use - inspection at around 40k/60k miles, replace if required with the same at 48-month intervals.

You probably aren’t going to do any immediate harm by not having it done - but oil does degrade over time as well as use - I think it is only a couple of litres of oil.

Personally, I think the garage is being helpful by suggesting the oil change - it is a low cost way of giving your gearbox the best chance of a long and healthy life, but it is always your choice.

I agree

Toyota say for most items 

12000 miles or 12 months which ever comes first so I think the garage is only letting you know 48 months has come first before the mileage but its up to you if you take their advice 

Edited by Dave the aygo

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links