Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

RAV4 2014 Business Edition - Looking for repair manuals

toyotathebest

Hello,

I want to adjust the handbrake for my RAV4 which has too many clicks.  But I don't know how to remove the console.

Does anyone know where I can get hold of a repair manual, such as Haynes?  I'm looking for like a pdf version.

Thanks.

16 minutes ago, toyotathebest said:

Hello,

I want to adjust the handbrake for my RAV4 which has too many clicks.  But I don't know how to remove the console.

Does anyone know where I can get hold of a repair manual, such as Haynes?  I'm looking for like a pdf version.

Thanks.

https://haynes.com/en-gb/toyota/rav4/2013-2018?selector=print&utm_term=128410&utm_content=print&gad_source=1&gbraid=0AAAAADfBiZ5LnQ7RufTpW9m5931s0WCME&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI7q2ln6zNiAMVe7GDBx2YXC00EAQYAiABEgLM_fD_BwE

• Like 1

Thanks Paul.  Wow, that's an expensive manual for just adjusting a handbrake.  I just need to know how to remove the console.  Any other suggestions such a youtube video or website?

8 hours ago, toyotathebest said:

Thanks Paul.  Wow, that's an expensive manual for just adjusting a handbrake.  I just need to know how to remove the console.  Any other suggestions such a youtube video or website?

Expensive at £27 ? It really does depend on whether you plan to do any more home fixes on the car. You could try a generic search on youtube I guess. Im not a mechanic but i believe the handbrake is adjusted underneath the car (it was on my passat). But happy for anyone here to correct that. 

5 hours ago, Paul john said:

Expensive at £27 ? It really does depend on whether you plan to do any more home fixes on the car. You could try a generic search on youtube I guess. Im not a mechanic but i believe the handbrake is adjusted underneath the car (it was on my passat). But happy for anyone here to correct that. 

Sorry Paul, I didn't mean to sound ungrateful, but it's just that I will most likely use it for one or two jobs and after that it will sit there gathering dust.  I'm sure it's just a matter of taking off the rear console and then checking the cable for slack and if there is, to just tighten the nuts.  But I'd be grateful if anyone can confirm this and if possible to provide instructions or Youtube video showing how it's done.  If the job seems to complex, I'll just give it into a garage.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links