Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

MK1: Retrofit original extras - how difficult can it be?

CrazyCatman

Milady just turned 25 this year, and I thougt about a little birthday present for her.

When my dad originally bought the car in 2004, he bought the linea SOL and opted for a lot of extras, including aircondition, (custom design) leather seats, DVD-navigation. What he didn't include were fog lights and cruise control.

But how difficult can it be to retrofit these?

Part One: Front fog lights.

I imagine that getting a pair of fog lights aren't the biggest problem, and I have a few blanks that I can fill with a switch, however I can also buy a new light arm at a scrapper, and that arm is plug-and-play - am I right? I suspect that the plug it self is standard and aren't changed between fog light and non-fog light models, only the arm is different as it has an extra "switch". So far so good, right?

When it comes to the lights itself, original would be best, as they can probably be found at a scrap yard with the grills included, which would make my life easier and avoid bad cuts in the plastic grills I already have installed. But if I can't find original ones, I am wondering if any small ones would fit - and... do I have the plugs needed in my original wire harness? See this is where Part One gets tricky...

Part Deux: Cruise control.

Dear child goes by many names - skitzophreninc children by even more... 

I often take the Yaris on relatively long motorway runs when I go instructing naval personel in speedboating or meetings at the academy. I don't like to take the Camry since it will be more comfortable for my wife who stay home with our son to have that car, but I do want to get the consumption down and the comfort up. This is why I have been considering adding cruise control in the Yaris.

Like in Part One, I will need an arm (scrap yard, eBay or private classifield) - and here I do not know if it is plug-and -play? Do I have the plug needed? Will an Avensis or Corolla arm work? (I mean many other switches and stuff are intercangable to cost reduce).

After this - do I need some aditional hardware - or is it just a wire going to the ECU?

I hope you can give an answer to these.

Enjoy your day!

fog lights are not a problem nice simple wiring with 1 switch (on the dash) and 1 standard relay, if you want the switch on the stalk - 84140-0D070

Being a sol model may have the wiring for the fog lights behind the bumper

Toyota used to do a kit

https://www.toyota-tech.eu/aimuploads/{051B6415-903F-4194-852A-E0C75AECE6E8}/Front foglamp set PZ417-B9511-00.pdf

you can get new aftermarket fog lamps fairly cheaply made by TYC

TYC no. 19-12983-01-2
OE no. 81210-0D020 / 812100D020
Side RH

TYC no. 19-12984-01-2
OE no. 81220-0D020 / 812200D020
Side LH

Cruise
P10 and P90 Yaris never got cruise control. the Mk3 did but not on the 1.0 and its hit and miss on the 1.33 cars before 2014

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links