Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

A couple of questions please

Bluenose1940

I am considering possibly buying a 21/22 plate C-HR Excel and have some questions.

Is there room for a spacesaver wheel in the boot?

When using the Satnav, does the image also appear on the dashboard as well as on the infotainment screen if you require it to?

Is the parking facility an automatic inclusion in the Excel series and is it any good?

What are the servicing costs like?

Many thanks for any help that may be offered.

Try & go for a 22 model year as this introduced a much better infotainment unit called Smart Connect - one big on / off volume knob bottom left corner of screen.

Retro fitting a space saver to a 1.8 hybrid will rob storage space as it requires raising the boot floor up to the same level as a 2 litre hybrid.

No the sat nav doesn't appear on the instrument cluster.

Parking function - the parking sensors that show on the instrument cluster work well & so does the reverse camera.

As for the automatic parking function - it's the only button I haven't pressed yet so can't help you with that.

9 speaker JBL audio was an optional extra on Excel & worth seeking out if you like your music.

Servicing costs, I have a 3 year service plan so unable to comment as service costs have gone up since I originally took the plan out.

• Like 1

On the 2020-2022 version (and in the new 2024 model) - You can have basic sat nav instructions showing in the area between the dials, ie an illustration of a roundabout with your exit arrow highlighted etc.

I find the self parking is a bit tricky to get started but once it's going it parks the car fine.  I don’t use it much, I'm sure it'd be fine if I sussed it out properly.  I'm pretty sure it was standard from Design grade upwards.

Servicing is 10k/1 year.  Full one year at £370, intermediate the next year at £240.  Having a service done at Toyota includes a year's warranty.  Taking out a service plan costs the same as if you were paying them at the time, but it locks in the pricing.

• Like 1

Excellent information, very helpful.  Thank you chaps, much appreciated.

Does the reversing camera show just the width of the car body or does it also include the open wing mirrors?  On my Peugeot, there is a blue line that equates to the width with the wing mirrors open and so, if I line up this blue line with the kerb, I know that the extreme tip of the wing mirror is in line with the roadside edge of the kerb and, my wheels are the width of the wing mirrors away from the kerb and so no danger of scratching the wheels.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links