Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Front console removal

PalkiZulu

Hi. I am trying to find a step-by-step guide on how to get behind the center console in an Aygo X. The fan is only blowing air from the front vents. The knob is spinning, but I can't direct air from different vents.

Does your Aygo X not have the button on the heating panel to change where the air direction is coming from?

what spec car as far as I'm aware it's fully electronically controlled, and vents are controlled by 1 button with multiple presses when not in auto

the very basic cars have 3 knobs

I have that basic one with three knobs.Screenshot_20240919_141232_Gallery.thumb.jpg.fa621bef024adc45e9ebc220027b2c4a.jpg

the part with the switches and usb port is, just unclips use a trim tool or taped up flat blade screwdriver

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/195448826007

heater controls are held by 4 bolts/screws

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/204393424585

I use this method of finding pictures to visualise the trim helps greatly, you can see how its mounted

• Thanks 1

Great idea. Thank you very much. 😊

5 hours ago, PalkiZulu said:

Hi. I am trying to find a step-by-step guide on how to get behind the center console in an Aygo X. The fan is only blowing air from the front vents. The knob is spinning, but I can't direct air from different vents.

This is a known issue on basic Aygo X the Bowden cable gets stuck then breaks when the knob is twisted with force, there is a new cable available, surely the car is still under warranty?

• Like 2

yes, and any attempted work not carried out by a garage won't be covered under warranty if it has to be later fixed by them.

How will they know unless you tell them, let's be honest here, the tech/parts fitter has bigger fish to fry

1 hour ago, Devon Aygo said:

This is a known issue on basic Aygo X the Bowden cable gets stuck then breaks when the knob is twisted with force, there is a new cable available, surely the car is still under warranty?

Yes, it is still under warranty. After my post, I called Toyota and managed to get an appointment for Monday. I will let them handle it.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links