Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

AirBag Code B1620 Crash Sensor Off Side Centre Pillar Sensor

DocUshuaia

Hi folks. Just thought I would post this, just in case somebody else has this problem in the future. I had an airbag light illuminate one morning a few months back as I drove out of my driveway. I attached a OBD scanner to the car when I got home that evening, And got the code B1620 shown in pictures below, I did a bit of searching online & results were indicating the crash sensor on the off side centre pillar could be at fault. So I took a chance and got a second hand one from eBay that was taken off a crashed 2015 Toyota Avensis estate, I replaced the sensor today and thankfully the light is gone now from the dash. I have this car since new. But do very little driving. Since I cycle to work 99% of the time. Hence, the low reading on the odometer of, 21514km. The car is a 2015 Corolla Diesel with the 1.4 D4D unit fitted.

Toyota B1620 sensor Drivers side Repaired.jpg

Screenshot 2024-09-19 at 12-35-59 COROLLAAURIS202409140937.pdf.png

Bad AirBag Sensor.jpg

Corolla Dash.jpg

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links