Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

It Does It’s Own Thing (but why?)

Station

Hi All,

So, I know the answer is to just let the car do it’s own thing, but I would love to know more and why?

For example -

Fully charged my GR Sport last night at work.

Left work this morning just starting the car as normal, leaving it to do it’s own thing ref EV/HV Auto.

Climate Control in Auto as usual, Auto Lights on as still dark and nothing else on, bar the radio.

Drove just over 8 of the 10 miles home and then the ICE started.

I hadn’t turned anything extra on and still showing 42 mile EV range.

I would love to know why ?

Just a personal thing that I hate then having to switch off, what in my head is a not fully up to temp engine.

Any explanations welcomed 👍

• Like 1

Wouldn’t worry about it. Probably needing to charge the 12v battery…..? Just drive it and enjoy. 

• Like 1

If you were heavy braking, going down a step hill when the car’s tracking Battery is full the ICE will kick in. Sometimes, as and when the ECU decides the ICE will kick in, this happens if the ICE has not been run for some time. 

• Like 1

Loads of reasons as indicated above. Putting the front screen demister on also turns on the ICE because it's more efficient to do so as it transpires. 

Toyota knows best. 

I used to worry or have interest but I've failed to determine the logic. Lots of sensors, equations, and more.  I don't use Auto mode btw. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links