Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Tyres

ernieb

Observation:

I’ve just fitted the Michelin CrossClimate 2 SUV’s that have been mentioned a few times. Bought from Costco and fitted by them, clean job that took under the hour. I’ve driven about 25 miles so far, not far enough to make to get a proper idea but I have a number of initial thoughts. The tyres were just slightly over pressure but the TPMS was working, 👌, I was immediately struck by how different the car felt just manoeuvring out of the parking bay. The steering felt slightly heavier but in a good way, make sense? The normal self cantering was faster even at slower speeds, just letting the steering run through my hands. On the country roads back which are averagely bumpy and pot holed there was no extra road noise I could detect and the ride was probably an improvement on that of the old tyre. There is a faster section of road taken at speed felt much more planted. 
First impressions are that they live up to my memory of this tyre which I’ve had on a number of previous cars.

It will be interesting to see how they feel when I next do some longer trips and the tyres have worn in.

@Nick, have you had your’s fitted yet?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ernieb said:

Observation:

I’ve just fitted the Michelin CrossClimate 2 SUV’s that have been mentioned a few times. Bought from Costco and fitted by them, clean job that took under the hour. I’ve driven about 25 miles so far, not far enough to make to get a proper idea but I have a number of initial thoughts. The tyres were just slightly over pressure but the TPMS was working, 👌, I was immediately struck by how different the car felt just manoeuvring out of the parking bay. The steering felt slightly heavier but in a good way, make sense? The normal self cantering was faster even at slower speeds, just letting the steering run through my hands. On the country roads back which are averagely bumpy and pot holed there was no extra road noise I could detect and the ride was probably an improvement on that of the old tyre. There is a faster section of road taken at speed felt much more planted. 
First impressions are that they live up to my memory of this tyre which I’ve had on a number of previous cars.

It will be interesting to see how they feel when I next do some longer trips and the tyres have worn in.

@Nick, have you had your’s fitted yet?

Good report Ernie. First thing tomorrow they get fitted by ATS Euromaster, as a partner to Blackcircles. At which point I'll have 4 almost new Bridgestones with no idea what I am going to do with them. I'd let them go for 80 quid for 4 here. Pick up only from Lancs. 🤣

Looking forward to trying them. I'll probably head up the local hills. See what happens.

Importantly, did they put them on the right way around? Pointy bit of the arrow pattern rolls forwards. 🤷

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links