Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Tyres

ernieb

Main thing for me about tyres is your use cases and what you're paying for.

For me it's about...

1. Good wet performance for handling and emergency braking. I drive all over. This is insurance policy. It's not about driving faster but about what you may need to do because of road fools. 

2. Excellent snow and ice capability to avoid getting in a predicament up a mountain. I'm up mountains at least once a month. And I need to be.

3. Good light off road traction to also avoid a predicament. I like going on adventures. This is choice.

4. The usual reasonably good dry performance when it's dry which is rare in my neck of the woods.

• Like 3

So I just sold the Bridgestones on eBay. Picked up earlier. 160 quid for 4 tyres with 91 miles. A bargain.

But what shannigans.

Ad said no middleman fir collection. I also said to the buyer when he said he would bring cash that I wanted it by the book through eBay then I can scan the collection QR code. Plus I didn't want any counterfeit cash. Had that once in a roundabout way.

Nope. Middleman turned up with cash. No collection QR code. Despite specifically stating this to the buyer. And messages after that asking for address from the buyer. So they definitely saw them and what was abundantly clear from the Ad. So that was all unnecessary faff. I said well without the collection code and payment transfer I'll get this sale cancelled and relist. They sorted it eventually but took an hour.

I swore I'd never sell anything on eBay again after I sold a mint condition galaxy note 8. Buyer said the screen had significant burn. Showed me a picture which had bad screen burn but of the standard keyboard I don't ever use. I use gboard. Always had. He also pointed out some other glitches that absolutely weren't there when sold. He was acting like a right c***. I turns detective and looks up his feedback. Several recent positive feedbacks from sellers of screen replacement tool kits for phones including the Note 8. eBay refunded him and he sent my phone back with a dodgy screen also full of scratches. Scum bag.

Basically it was a scam to obtain a good working screen at zero cost. 

It was only 150 quid but I was 150 quid down as a result. If I had known I'd have put the phone into test mode and photographed the screen on every test.

eBay didn't want to know at all. Think I may close my account completely. I've had an account since they first started out. That held no sway whatsoever with eBay despite thousands of positive feedback as a buyer and seller. T0ss3rs. 😡

• Sad 3

^^^^ Why I now usually advertise buyer collect for electronic stuff or items that could be deliberately damaged by the buyer. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nick72 said:

So I just sold the Bridgestones on eBay. Picked up earlier. 160 quid for 4 tyres with 91 miles. A bargain.

But what shannigans.

Ad said no middleman fir collection. I also said to the buyer when he said he would bring cash that I wanted it by the book through eBay then I can scan the collection QR code. Plus I didn't want any counterfeit cash. Had that once in a roundabout way.

Nope. Middleman turned up with cash. No collection QR code. Despite specifically stating this to the buyer. And messages after that asking for address from the buyer. So they definitely saw them and what was abundantly clear from the Ad. So that was all unnecessary faff. I said well without the collection code and payment transfer I'll get this sale cancelled and relist. They sorted it eventually but took an hour.

I swore I'd never sell anything on eBay again after I sold a mint condition galaxy note 8. Buyer said the screen had significant burn. Showed me a picture which had bad screen burn but of the standard keyboard I don't ever use. I use gboard. Always had. He also pointed out some other glitches that absolutely weren't there when sold. He was acting like a right c***. I turns detective and looks up his feedback. Several recent positive feedbacks from sellers of screen replacement tool kits for phones including the Note 8. eBay refunded him and he sent my phone back with a dodgy screen also full of scratches. Scum bag.

Basically it was a scam to obtain a good working screen at zero cost. 

It was only 150 quid but I was 150 quid down as a result. If I had known I'd have put the phone into test mode and photographed the screen on every test.

eBay didn't want to know at all. Think I may close my account completely. I've had an account since they first started out. That held no sway whatsoever with eBay despite thousands of positive feedback as a buyer and seller. T0ss3rs. 😡

That is the one downside with eBay - It's MUCH more biased to the buyers than the sellers; It's great for a buyer as you're much less likely to get ripped of by a dodgy seller, but on the flip side if you're a legit seller you're at more risk to get scammed and eBay will almost always side with the buyer unless you have indisputable proof.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Fitted two Continental Premium Contact 7 on to my C-HR on Saturday 225/45 R19 96Y XL - new tyres went on to the rear axle.

The half worn original Premium Contact 6 from the rear where balanced & moved to the front axle.

I only needed W rated but all three tyre suppliers had no stock available & lads at garage did the Y for same original quoted price. 

All pressures checked, TPMS reset & torque wrench used to correct 103 NM 👍

• Like 2

400 mile round trip this week.

Tyres are great. 

Stopping distance in the wet is great. 

Glued to the road around corners in the wet.

Seems quieter but the car is quieter than the last one. Less wind noise at speed. I'm now thinking that I may have had a dodgy seal on the last one. 

• Like 2

Bought and had 225/60 R 18 104 XL Conti VikingCont 8, fitted to our RAV 4 PHEV 2020, today.

Feels exellent

• Thanks 1

Recent long trip. Done before. Probably 4 mpg down with the CC2s versus the stock tyres. Price you pay for the grip I guess. 

Wondered if the wind noise would go. My experience is similar in mpg drop - shame but worth the reassurance of healthy grip.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, NASY said:

Wondered if the wind noise would go. My experience is similar in mpg drop - shame but worth the reassurance of healthy grip.

Do you mean road noise?

Mine is around 2 to 3 miles depending of speed etc. down on previous tyres, grip must come at a price. Very happy as I’ve done a few in some of the heaviest rain I’ve seen in a long, long time since I’ve had the new tyres, always felt planted, very happy. As for road noise it’s there but to me is a lower pitch and far less intrusive.

• Like 1

Nick I meant wind noise on changing your car as I have never had the noise on mine and suspected you had something wrong with your last car. Sorry I was not more clear - tyres was the subject though not my topic.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, NASY said:

Nick I meant wind noise on changing your car as I have never had the noise on mine and suspected you had something wrong with your last car. Sorry I was not more clear - tyres was the subject though not my topic.

It's quieter than the last as far as wind noise is concerned. Either they've changed something or I had a faulty seal on the last one. That said, it's still noisy at 70mph than all of my past premium brand cars and a couple of non premium. It's a brick at the end of the day and fixed by turning the stereo up to 45. 😂

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links