Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Source for Toyota Yaris part numbers especially front suspen

cliverlong

Hello,

I need help on ensuring I order the correct parts for my Yaris for some suspension work and more generally. I have looked online and can’t find a document that lists the OEM part numbers. I can find parts supplier sites but often there are multiple parts with different numbers for the same part description. I’m thinking if I can find a Toyota reference then I will have the correct OEM number to compare against the supplier part numbers. Then, hopefully, I will order the correct part.

I have a 2002 mark 1 Yaris that I want to keep running until my knee forces me to go for an automatic.

The recent MOT had an advisory of a “knock from near side front shock absorber”. The car sat slightly low on the wheel on passenger side so I decided to replace the springs at the front, having done this on the back. With helpful Youtube videos and plenty of spare time, I have replaced the passenger spring and the car has driven fine around the block. The old spring was covered in a lot of rust and would have failed completely at some time. I now need to do the same spring replacement on the driver’s side.

When I took apart the spring and damper I noticed on the “suspension support” (See attached image) the metal was very corroded and the rubber bushings (?) were falling apart. Also the “spring upper seat” seemed slightly corroded but in better condition than the suspension support.

Now, on many supplier websites I can find the “suspension support” with the three bolts but I can't find the “spring upper seat”. That’s why I’m looking for a catalogue of the OEM part numbers to ensure I can find and order the correct parts.

Separately, after dismantling the suspension unit, when I depressed the shock absorber shaft(?) this took some effort but the shaft did not return to an extended position. I’m guessing this is not correct and to be expected for 22 year-old shock absorbers. Again, I will feel more confident ordering the correct part if I have the OEM part number.

Driving around the block with the new passenger-side spring fitted, the ride seems slightly firmer – but maybe that is my imagination. 

So any help on finding correct part numbers will be most appreciated.

Screenshot from 2024-09-21 09-55-21.png

that will be more commonly called a top strut mount

early cars used this type

https://partsfinder.bilsteingroup.com/en/article/febi/107885

the later cars used the 3 bolt all in one

https://partsfinder.bilsteingroup.com/en/article/blueprint/ADT380211

Pm me the Vin as there are some changes in mid 2002

also take these "echo" manuals with a pinch of salt they are mostly for US cars and only the 1.5 auto

Ideally, you should do suspension work in an axle pair

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links