Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Battery performance

Piccasso74

Hi, could you please give me some advice regarding the Toyota bz4x battery's performance?

My recently purchased Toyota BZ4X Premier Edition AWD has an excellent appearance and drive, but I have some concerns regarding the battery's current performance. I fully charged it at the showroom and drove 75 miles; the Battery is now at 50%.

The salesperson at the showroom stated that it would improve after a few charging cycles were completed. 

Regards 

PAT

The actual range you get will depend very much on your journey type and how the car is driven. Toyota provide a Range Calculator that gives some idea as to what range you might expect.

You don't give the % SoC when you set out, nor the originally estimated range. But the key point here is that they are estimates based on recent driving experience. If your journey type is reasonably consistent the estimating accuracy will improve over time.

At this point all you can really do is charge it up again and monitor it 'properly' to see whether you experience lies within the typical ranges suggested by the Calculator ...

Hello, Philip.

I appreciate your response, but I am concerned about the charging efficiency—it seems like a toy car. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links