Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Service plan: a warning

Pannett

I was speaking to an acquaintance a few days ago and he told me about his mother's experience of a potential rip off. She has a service plan and her car went in for a service by a Toyota dealer. The report afterwards told her that her suspension needed major work to make the car safe. Her son (my friend) is fortunately in the motor trade and after inspecting her car, said that the report was a lie and no work was needed. A complaint to Toyota is currently in progress. This was my concern about a service plan: there may not be a lot of profit in there, so the more unscrupulous ones will look for additional and maybe unnecessary work. Older people, like my friend's mother, are particularly vulnerable. Has anyone any experiences of service plan rip offs?

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Pannett said:

I was speaking to an acquaintance a few days ago and he told me about his mother's experience of a potential rip off. She has a service plan and her car went in for a service by a Toyota dealer. The report afterwards told her that her suspension needed major work to make the car safe. Her son (my friend) is fortunately in the motor trade and after inspecting her car, said that the report was a lie and no work was needed. A complaint to Toyota is currently in progress. This was my concern about a service plan: there may not be a lot of profit in there, so the more unscrupulous ones will look for additional and maybe unnecessary work. Older people, like my friend's mother, are particularly vulnerable. Has anyone any experiences of service plan rip offs?

Food for thought 🤔 onto my 2nd year of service plan and apart from the dealer asking if i wanted endless extra add on job's like an air con service and the like so far so good but will be going to a local garage i have used over the years when this service plan is up as it is a lot cheaper and i do low mileage every year.

• Like 1

Sevice plan over 2 years with added MOT £770, local independent £450, so really your paying for your extender Toyota warranty at £160 a year.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links