Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Service plan: a warning

Pannett

1 hour ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

OK. However, as the car supposedly is within the Relax service generated warranty period, some or all the claimed suspension work may have been covered under the warranty - see terms and conditions attached, especially the section about cover and suspension.

This is the problem with 3rd party comments - some information gets lost in translation, and we seldom get the full story. Ie. we don't know whether or not the car owner was told if the warranty would cover some or all of the work.

This isn't an issue peculiar to service plans, and can also be an issue with non service plan servicing, whether dealer or independent. How many times on these forums have owners been told work is needed by garages, when it turns out the work isn't so urgent !

toyota-warranty-ts-and-cs-june-2022.pdf 181.88 kB · 0 downloads

Well Possibly yes but then we have dealers trying to add endless extra jobs onto Service Plans, 12v Battery issues, build quality problems such as panel gap sizes, 2lt Corolla engine problems and Aygo X and them bonkers tyres with limited tyre choice, thankfully my Toyota is from 2020 but Hyundai may as well take my money if or when i get another car 🤷

when the time comes do your research, I am sure that Hyundai (& others) aren't perfect either.

Car ccare nut had aa 24yrold 40k mls only had oil changes. One  day  I will  post how much I spent  on less miles. Should  have been  braver.

1 hour ago, Heidfirst said:

when the time comes do your research, I am sure that Hyundai (& others) aren't perfect either.

Toyota's reputation is not what it used to be or some of their dealers.

4 hours ago, Eddie G said:

Well Possibly yes but then we have dealers trying to add endless extra jobs onto Service Plans

At the end of the day, the option for you to say 'No' is always there, and I find that works quite effectively.

Other dealers regardless of marque, often offer similar extras for the owner to consider - no different to Toyota dealers - and again one can say 'No'.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

At the end of the day, the option for you to say 'No' is always there, and I find that works quite effectively.

Other dealers regardless of marque, often offer similar extras for the owner to consider - no different to Toyota dealers - and again one can say 'No'.

When it's that amount being pushed it's a tad ridiculous, Aircon Regas And Service, Air Con Sanitizer Bomb, Fuel System Flush, MOT cover! will they be anything else left to try and add on to your service at this rate?

As I said, you just say 'No'.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

As I said, you just say 'No'.

👍 but the no this time rather then the,no,no,no,no will be a no and off too an independent garage.

1 minute ago, Eddie G said:

👍 but the no this time rather then the,no,no,no,no will be a no and off too an independent garage.

Fine - that's your choice.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links