Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

car play wireless Whatsapp not allowing message

MardyMarvin

Got rid of the android and now have carplay which is wireless. I tried sending a message via Whatsapp and it just seems to loop constantly and not allow me to actually speak a message. 

So I hit the button on wheel for Siri

Say send wife whatsapp message

siri says whats me(sound cuts out)ssage, (sound cuts out) are you ready (sound cuts out) to send. It just then repeats this without allowing me to actually send or say words to send.

Works ok if I just use the phone not connected to car.

Running Android 18 with whatsapp version 2.24.18.81 just curious if anyone else has this issue with carplay or if there is some trick/setting I need to know about with carplay on the car.

16 minutes ago, MardyMarvin said:

Got rid of the android and now have carplay which is wireless.

Ok, which is it? Android (Auto) or Apple (Carplay) and, by the way, both are wireless...

14 minutes ago, MardyMarvin said:

Running Android 18

Presume you mean “iOS 18” since you refer to “CarPlay “ ?
Have certainly, without any problems, replied to whatsapp messages (using voice) in the past without any problems but that will have been on iOS 17.xx .  I’ve not tried since upgrading to 18 but I have seen some posters reporting problems with CarPlay on iOS 18.

1 minute ago, CPN said:

Ok, which is it? Android (Auto) or Apple (Carplay) and, by the way, both are wireless...

yep sorry slip of the mind (old age and repetitive android syndrome having had it for years) I mean iOS 18

1 minute ago, MardyMarvin said:

yep sorry slip of the mind (old age and repetitive android syndrome having had it for years) I mean iOS 18

Ah ok, see Graham's post above...

5 minutes ago, Graham47 said:

Have certainly, without any problems, replied to whatsapp messages (using voice) in the past without any problems but that will have been on iOS 17.xx .  I’ve not tried since upgrading to 18 but I have seen some posters reporting problems with CarPlay on iOS 18.

ok looks like it might be a thing then so some hunting on the web and hopefully its a whatsapp bug or iOS bug rather then a bug in the car and its interaction with carplay.

thanks all for replies

15 minutes ago, Graham47 said:

IOS 18 works perfectly well with Carplay

6 minutes ago, Paul john said:

OS 18 works perfectly well with Carplay

Are you speaking from experience ?
I cannot say any different, certainly my phone connects wirelessly every time so far but I haven’t used CarPlay extensively since upgrading.  I was merely repeating what I saw online.

I've had no issues with iOS 18 and CarPlay since updating on iPhone 13

• Like 1

I think it’s a thing with iPhones you can reply to a WhatsApp message via CarPlay but you can’t start a new message. That’s the way it works if you’re using an Apple Watch to message someone. 

1 hour ago, Graham47 said:

Are you speaking from experience ?
I cannot say any different, certainly my phone connects wirelessly every time so far but I haven’t used CarPlay extensively since upgrading.  I was merely repeating what I saw online.

Yes I am speaking from experience…

From public beta released on Saturday to Main release on Monday (effectively the same revision). i did post this on Saturday having tested Carplay. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links