Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

RSA has blown up

Nick72

Driving around the hospital car park looking for a space to park (for about 40 minutes... Grrrr) and I got a warning pop up as I'm trying to navigate the double parked and inconsiderately parked cars using the pan view monitor camera thingy.

You can't ignore the warning and had to press to see details before dropping back to whatever screen you were previously in before the rude interruption.

I'm assuming the rabbit warren minotaur maze of little roads around the sprawling hospital has blown up the sign recognition algorithm in the same way it blew up my own brain.

First time I've had this error but recall others have had it too. Never had anything like this on the last PHEV over 3 years and RSA was always on albeit set to visual warning only.

Here's the message...

A good test to see what's causing the problem would be to collect road speed signs, put the car into D, and have wifey hold them up in front of the car one after the other, then hold up multiple at the same time to see what happens. I suspect the issue is caused by multiple contradicting signs within the front camera field of view. 5mph, 10mph, 15mph, etc. Which one does it choose? Dilemma for the machine as much as it was for my brain.

But rather than cause a malfunction and an annoying can't do much about pop up, just display speed limit unknown and be done with it. Simple error trapping.

I've noticed this a few times. As you say it's probably not handling an error cleanly. I'm just ignoring it for now and hoping a slient fix will occur in the future.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Nick72 said:

Driving around the hospital car park looking for a space to park (for about 40 minutes... Grrrr) and I got a warning pop up as I'm trying to navigate the double parked and inconsiderately parked cars using the pan view monitor camera thingy.

You can't ignore the warning and had to press to see details before dropping back to whatever screen you were previously in before the rude interruption.

I'm assuming the rabbit warren minotaur maze of little roads around the sprawling hospital has blown up the sign recognition algorithm in the same way it blew up my own brain.

First time I've had this error but recall others have had it too. Never had anything like this on the last PHEV over 3 years and RSA was always on albeit set to visual warning only.

Here's the message...

you only fix one error, and another one comes along.

• Haha 1

I haven't had any error messages just plenty if instances of it not reading signs, showing incorrect speed limits and the reluctant false beeps etc...  we are nowhere near ready for enforced speed limiters etc etc...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dkp001 said:

I haven't had any error messages just plenty if instances of it not reading signs, showing incorrect speed limits and the reluctant false beeps etc...  we are nowhere near ready for enforced speed limiters etc etc...

I had a long distance trip last weekend along the M6 through all the roadworks, variable speed limits, etc. Turned it off eventually, as it rarely read the overhead variable speeds at all, and was about 60% accurate on everything else.

Waste of time having it on really.

1 hour ago, IG6 said:

I had a long distance trip last weekend along the M6 through all the roadworks, variable speed limits, etc. Turned it off eventually, as it rarely read the overhead variable speeds at all, and was about 60% accurate on everything else.

Waste of time having it on really.

Agreed it's not accurate at all - if I could shut it off I would - I have to say that this is the one area that I really notice doesn't match up to my previous car at all - a minor niggle in many ways but such a shame they haven't got this bit right...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links