Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rear wheel hub

breeno77

Hi

Son has a 2005 1.4 corolla and he was changing rear pads, tightened the nut too tight when putting wheel back on then snapped the bolt coming out of hub.

It's a 4 bolt hub other 3 bolts are tight would this be OK to drive?

How can this be fixes - is it a new hub or does the bearing come with the 4 bolts?

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks

If he's strong enough to snap it just tell him to put his pinky on it and push hard :laugh:

More seriously I would just take it to a local garage and ask them to do it, it may need a lot of heat and/or it may need drilling out, it may be worth a try finding a slightly smaller bolt to use as a drift and try a few taps with a hammer after applying plenty of your favourite releasing fluid, just tell him not to knock it into next doors drive, it may come out but you wouldn't want to hit it so hard that you damaged the bearings, I'd certainly try it though as a first attempt.

A garage probably wouldn't charge the earth and it's probably a 15 minute job for them, would I drive it there with only 3 nuts ? Yes as long as it wasn't down a dual carriageway/motorway and wasn't 70 miles away.

Invest in a cheapie German torque wrench, it's not a bad habit to get into using one if you're into doing your own brakes & stuff.

Thanks

The hub had the 4 bolts in it and its the nut that was tightened then snapped a bit off the hub.

So only 3 nuts now holding the wheel if you know what I mean.

• Like 1

Agree with @Shared, but if looking to do it yourself then if you look on ytube there are lots showing how to remove the broken Wheel Stud and replace it with new ones which again are available  on the web etc.   Not someting we have tried though.

• Like 1

Found this easy fixed!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links