Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Why we shouldn’t flash our lights

Primus1

Had a near miss today , driving through the village where I work, cars parked on left, van reversing from their drive, car comes towards me so they have priority, they stopped and flashed their lights which, I assumed was to let me proceed, van driver also thought they flashed at them for them to proceed, I was passing said reversing van and, luckily had the foresight to keep going, the van was still reversing but we managed to miss each other, just…I’m taking the blame on this one as I should have realised what was happening, but it just goes to show how misleading flashing someone out can be…

Too many people out for a quick earner for me to do anything at all based on flashing head lights unless I have legal priority.

I have had some nasty looks from people when I refuse to move but rather that than an insurance claim.

• Like 1

North Yorkshire has no fixed speed cameras, so occasionally oncoming drivers flash a warning of a mobile speed camera. I know it's illegal but ...!

I never flash my lights.  Sometimes I will leave space for a car to pull out from a side road but I let them make the decision weather to do so or not.

Yes I never flash my lights so you would think I wouldn’t fall for it..

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links