Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Adaptive cruise control location on steering wheel.

Louie

Now either I am cack handed or in my humble opinion Toyota have decided to bunch together the on/off control for the CHR ACC very close to the + speed increase control for reasons best known to the design tea. Now the number of times I have accidentally disabled the ACC by hitting that control when in fact I am trying to hit the + increase speed control button is far too many.

My right hand coordination is in perfect working order  and as far as I am aware so is my brain but I still keep hitting this e------g button and I know not why. Here is a clue for Toyota perhaps they are too close together. Yes yes I know sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.

I’m wondering if you needed a longer test drive before buying your C-HR 🤣

I use my ACC and Lane Assist every time on A and B Roads (and will on Motorways and Autoroutes in Europe) and to my mind, it makes perfect sense to have the relevant controls grouped together. All you have to do is drop your thumb to the Cancel tab and move it up/down as required 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

If only the cruise control functions where on a separate stalk away from all the other poorly marked steering wheel buttons 🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’ve come from a VW but I’m familiar with Toyota’s as my wife has had 3 of them. 

Every manufacturer changes design and functional features and some are logical, others not, but they are what they are 🤷‍♂️

The weird thing here is that this is my 4th Toyota and i have not encountered such issues with steering wheel controls until I acquired this CHR PHEV. I agree with forkingabout with the alternative positioning of the ACC and related controls I think they are just in the wrong place and Toyota can do better. 

In reply to Neil getting an ideal length of time for a test drive its nigh on impossible and I did go for a few test drives and  remember being impressed by the the car but at the same time you feel under pressure because the dealer(salesman)  is parked in the rear and probably watching your every move.

Edited by Louie
mistake in wording

My C-HR has its own stalk control which rotates with the steering wheel - weird, but I have now got used to it after 18 months ownership.

I have had problems with accidentally cancelling the ACC, but have now got the hang of this too (I think).  I don’t use the speed limiter button on the steering wheel - I think this activates/deactivates the ACC, but can’t see why it should.

To set the ACC, I press the button on the end of the stalk then briefly press the stalk downwards.  To reduce speed I press the stalk downwards in short pulses until the required lower speed is achieved.  To increase the speed I press the stalk upwards in a similar manner.

I have seen later models where there is no separate stalk for the ACC, but have not so far had any involvement with such vehicles.

I think I have the solution to my ACC. +,-. controls on the steering wheel. I need a smaller thumbs.

acc2.jpg

acc 1.jpg

• Haha 1

On 9/26/2024 at 1:29 PM, Louie said:

The weird thing here is that this is my 4th Toyota and i have not encountered such issues with steering wheel controls until I acquired this CHR PHEV. I agree with forkingabout with the alternative positioning of the ACC and related controls I think they are just in the wrong place and Toyota can do better. 

In reply to Neil getting an ideal length of time for a test drive its nigh on impossible and I did go for a few test drives and  remember being impressed by the the car but at the same time you feel under pressure because the dealer(salesman)  is parked in the rear and probably watching your every move.

I was lucky enough to get a 2 hour test drive from my local dealer with no salesperson present. Over 60 miles and time to park up and have a play with most features and a coffee break at the half way point 👍

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links