Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Hybrid 130 Premier Edition 2024 (May 24) Map Update

Edward Melton

When trying to update Maps the system displays the message "Problem with Map Update. Please contact your dealer". I have been in discussion initially (via numerous emails) with my Dealer who in turn discussed the problem with Toyota GB (Multimedia & Connected Car Support) who in turn I have unanswered emails outstanding. My current position is as i started with many months ago with the system still displaying "Problem with Map Update. Please contact your dealer".

Can anyone please advise on how i can get this problem resolved ?

I was advised this message is caused by no update being available (that was by the tech guy at a dealer 🙄😬)

• Like 1

Sorry, cannot advice you,  because I'm in the same situation and having the same problem... Initially, the reason is said to be related to the multimedia device being brand new and the systems not yet ready to manage the new device. Recommendation from dealer was something like "wait for systems to move from MyT to MyToyota app and to have central systems updated to deal with latest hardware...". So, to wait for Toyota to fix the supporting systems seems to be the "advice for the day".

You need to sign in to your My Toyota account via a laptop & then download the map update from the E Store. 

Follow the instructions to extract the map update to a USB stick then apply the update to the vehicle.

From the many threads on the forums in general, it is not an issue if it only appears when trying to manually check for updates.

The connected services automatically update over the air (OTA) so nothing to do from a user perspective.

Not the greatest messaging but that's what it is.

If it's just coming up with that message not in response to you selecting an update, then there was recently threads about that were resolved (it was an update that was failing but got fixed)

2 minutes ago, forkingabout said:

You need to sign in to your My Toyota account via a laptop & then download the map update from the E Store. 

Follow the instructions to extract the map update to a USB stick then apply the update to the vehicle.

This only applies to older touch and go 2 with onboard maps. 

15 minutes ago, trashman1965 said:

This only applies to older touch and go 2 with onboard maps. 

Also applies to Smart Connect if you want to update the base maps.

My advice would be to do what I do and forget about Toyota’s sat nav. Wireless CarPlay in full screen works great and you never see any of the problems associated with poor implementation of updates ect. 
Why would a cloud based mapping system need updating anyway? 
All these connected services will eventually expire or require a subscription so if I’ve never used them in the first place I won’t miss them. 

• Like 1

I get the same message and presume it’s just poor SW coding and there’s no actual update available (new car 2 weeks ago!).
The installed system maps are 2024-2025 Ver1 and the cloud traffic management seems to work well imho, it’s free for 4 years so I’ll keep on using it. 
if come next year the base map has moved on and the system hasn’t I’ll make waves then….

4 hours ago, forkingabout said:

Also applies to Smart Connect if you want to update the base maps.

i thought on Yaris only the dealer could update the base maps?

19 minutes ago, trashman1965 said:

i thought on Yaris only the dealer could update the base maps?

Updates for the owner to apply to there vehicle will become available in the E Store when Toyota releases them. 

2 hours ago, forkingabout said:

Updates for the owner to apply to there vehicle will become available in the E Store when Toyota releases them. 

I can confirm that as I am just downloading mine right now...

AP1GczPxD2Azmbh1VqqkpBhE1WLDVjhCz1nmFwySK0g7zoOXUwKKZZlAkziZsg=w483-h858-s-no-gm?authuser=0image.thumb.jpeg.06ada8ab468ac13b8e94cb1a4222933b.jpeg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links