Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cable Sub Assy- Spiral

Charles Borg

Good morning, need some professional advice if possible. 

Just a month after the expiry of the 5 year guarantee I experienced a flat Battery, soon after switching on the car the first time after changing the Battery I noticed that there were two warning lights, one saying 'Headlight system malfunction and the other saying 'Pre-Crash Safety malfunction'.   Also at the same time the speaker at the passenger side front seat started giving off strange sounds.   At a later stage I came to the knowledge that there was an infestation of rats where the car was parked and had the flat Battery.  The local Toyota supplier told me that the Cable Sub Assy- Spiral needs to be changed after having done all the necessary checks.

My query is if there is some kind of connection with all the events mentioned above?  It is very strange that in the arch of one evening I had all these happenings which though they do not seem to be connected at first instance but still sounds strange that they had to happen at the same time.  Could it be a that the rats ate through one of the cables and only this needs changing?  Is it possible that the fault is a chip on a motherboard?

Is there anyone who maybe had the same problem or maybe has an idea of what could be happening before I proceed with changing the part which is quite costly?

Regards

Charles

not sure why they would think you have an issue with the spiral cable with those symptoms

do you know what codes are/where stored for those errors

do the audio controls work, does the horn work, is the airbag light staying on

do all the lights work as they should, have the faults come back ? I think it may have been a case of the low Battery that caused the car the freak out - it is not uncommon for the headlight to turn itself on with a low Battery if you have auto lights

• Like 3

On 9/27/2024 at 1:58 PM, flash22 said:

not sure why they would think you have an issue with the spiral cable with those symptoms

do you know what codes are/where stored for those errors

do the audio controls work, does the horn work, is the airbag light staying on

do all the lights work as they should, have the faults come back ? I think it may have been a case of the low battery that caused the car the freak out - it is not uncommon for the headlight to turn itself on with a low battery if you have auto lights

HI Bernard, how do I get to know the error codes?  Everything else works perfectly fine.

I think the issues were caused by the dead/dying Battery tbh if everything has returned to normal

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links