Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Stoping Power!

Nizan

Hey guys

a few people have been asking about my brake upgrades the past few months and i said i would let them know when my new braided lines and new Motul 5.1 fluid were fitted.......well just got them done :D

Ordered these babys from Kevin at ENVY, there Goodridge steel braded hoses and the first set made for a Yaris in the country :D .....however this comes with a penalty.....the rears didnt fit, all part and parcel of 1st of line products and the rears dont really come under much strain anyhow :P , but Kev being the good chap he is, is sorting this out with goodridge as we speak.

So what do they do??? well i already had 3G Brembo cast front discs with some Endless Street Racing pads giving me brilliant braking......for about 10 mins, then the horrible thing called brake fade would creep in, the padal would feel spongy the brakes start loosing bite and the old DOT 4 Fluid would start boiling creating loads of smoke and leaving me brown marks in me pants :ffs: :ffs: :ffs:

The new hoses stop brake fade because they no longer expand under hard constant braking like the old rubber ones, therefore giving a very solid feel constant bite and bucket loads of confidence for me when flying into them roundabouts, and the new fluid has a much higher boiling point so now more disco style smoke pouring out from under my arches :eek:

The whole lot cost me around £300 to do, and for the vast improvementas ive made on the already good T-Sport Brakes its well worth it,and brakes add to overall performance so much there certainly worth a good few horses under the bonnet.

So a big thanks to the guys at ENVY for sorting it all out for me :thumbsup:

Cheers

Alexi

Be careful to keep using fresh DOT 5! It goes off after a few weeks. When I'm racing, I replace it every meeting without fail. It's hydroabsorpancey (or whatever it is) is phenomenal!!!

good chap may have to invest in some of this soon, i get brake fade only when im in milton keynes tho all those damn roundabouts!

I asume so mate, but only the front lines fit at the moment, give it a few weeks and i think they will have it sorted :thumbsup:

I have been pushing Goodridge for a good few months now to realease a kit for the Yaris. I will give them the feedback from the first attempt and hopefully we can develop the rear lines to fit.

Its amazing how much difference braided lines make to the pedal feel when braking. I could not get over the improvement when I fitted them on my Supra.

Thanks

Kevin

me, superetard, bibbs, sorted avensis, knowlson,jimlad, corollasr, jaxx, peter the dude, and tom, going in october!

discs are from Envy Performance mate

think there the same thinckness and diamiter as standard, just grooved instead :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links