Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Higher Battery Range

GBgraham

I'm not sure if anyone else is having this with their Battery range?

Initially when I first got the car it's range was anything  between 79-83kms (49-51.6mls) after a charge but now it's invariably showing 89kms (55.3mls). I haven't had chance as yet to test it's shown EV range yet because I haven't done a trip far enough recently but what I do is always with A/C in auto mode set at 18degs and at the moment the outside temp is in the very late 20's

Have I found an extra 6-10kms somewhere or is it some kind of computer trickery from Toyota on my driving habits?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, GBgraham said:

I'm not sure if anyone else is having this with their battery range?

Initially when I first got the car it's range was anything  between 79-83kms (49-51.6mls) after a charge but now it's invariably showing 89kms (55.3mls). I haven't had chance as yet to test it's shown EV range yet because I haven't done a trip far enough recently but what I do is always with A/C in auto mode set at 18degs and at the moment the outside temp is in the very late 20's

Have I found an extra 6-10kms somewhere or is it some kind of computer trickery from Toyota on my driving habits?

The latter

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, GBgraham said:

Hi all....48 (77.25km) & 50 (80.5km) miles for me winter/summer respectively. Slightly off topic, a neighbour just received a new Prius PHEV, 2 Litre ICE, 60 (96km) miles EV range. I live in hope...Barry Wright, Lancashire.       

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, GBgraham said:

It's a rolling average prediction across your last X number of drives. In my experience, on average, it's not far off based on my odometer readings going from full charge to zero usable. It starts conservatively estimating until it has enough drive data.

In the temperatures you are talking about it's ideal for Lithium batteries. On the last R4P I was getting about 56 miles per charge, based off the odometer, at 25C or more. I've had 60 once. Air con on eco both cases.

You can theoretically get to about 63 driving like miss daisy at 40mph constantly in warm weather. 

Currently on the GRS recently delivered it's telling me 43 miles! This will improve over the coming weeks and I expect it to be reading about 48 to 52 in the current temperatures.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links