Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Water in footwell on driver side (UK)

nellydean

I seem to be getting a big puddle in the drivers side footwell after a heavy downpour.  No idea where this water is coming from, someone suggested the sun roof but there is nothing dripping as far as I can see.  I have also checked blockages by the windscreen wipers and they seem clear.  Its a big puddle and where the gas/petrol lever is and has soaked the mats  Any ideas please?

Hi Monica, I would check the door cards, ie the water barrier behind the internal door panels which stops the water running into the car via window seals, etc

Hi Monica, I too had something similar but it was in the passenger footwell at the front. I noticed it after taking my car to the car wash or on wet days. So I took up the carpet and the foam underneath and noticed the 2 rubber grommets underneath on the floor was letting water through. I took them out, cleaned the area, used a clear silicone sealent around the rubber grommets and on them. Pushed them back into the floor and let it dry for 24 hours. Not had any puddles since. I'd definitely check there if everything else fails. 

Pete

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links