Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris HEV 12V battery issues

Edithluna

Hi, I bought my Yaris (excel hybrid 2017 plate) about 6 months ago and am having issues with the 12V Battery
It’s not holding its charge. Ive had a couple of scenarios where I’ve gone to set off to work and all the warning lights on the dash flicker then the whole thing dies. I can’t even lock the car, it’s totally flat. I’ve taken the 12V Battery out and charged it until the charger said it was fully charged and it seemed fine, then the next morning it’s flat again.

I’m thinking I need to replace the Battery, but firstly im concerned incase it’s something draining it in the car that I’m not aware of. I’ve no accessories left plugged in etc… and secondly I am struggling to find anywhere I buy a replacement battery. 

I’ve read a few cases of people saying that these cars need to be driven very frequently for the battery health. I’m using it for short trips about 4 days a week with the odd longer journey….if this is the case I’m wondering if I’m going to need to look at a different car. 
I’d appreciate any advice ☺️

Hi & welcome,

Do you know if it is the original 12V Battery?

if so, at 7 years old it may simply have come to the end of it's life & not be able to retain charge.

Edith,

Its time for a new Battery.  I'm sure this would resolve all your issues.

• Thanks 1

Change the Battery, before changing the car.

• Like 1

As everyone say change the Battery it's 7 year old without knowing how it was used previously. Your driving routine should be fine, many do low mileage a year without issue.

Thanks so much everyone. Do anyone of you know where I can get one from without going to the dealership? I’m struggling to find one 

If you pop your reg no into the hellfrauds (Halfords) website it will show the correct Battery for your car, price etc.

Then check if your local branch has one in stock,or can get one next day.

I think I would even trust them to fit it for you if like me they are too heavy to lug around.

Edit: I would choose a yuasa over any other makes.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links