Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Does all Toyota AD service comes with a video?

JayCee88

A friend who owns a RAV4 goes to the same authorised Toyota dealership as me. He almost always gets a top of the range courtesy car, whilst I was told the Yaris is the best they can do. Ok, perhaps that’s because I own a Corolla.

However he also gets a short video when he goes in for a service, whilst I do not. I was told Toyota never does this. Is this true? I do not know any to mention my friend’s name as we both go to the same dealership. 

I believe its intended to be the norm of a complimentary check, but have had varying experiences with the same dealer and other dealers, in/out of warranty with/without service plan. When my car was in for a repair, I was offered a loan car, at £10 per day, other dealers offer free if available. I got an Aygo X as a loan. I also have a corolla. 

I think it's very much down to the dealer, and possibly who you deal with and maybe day of the week. Certainly customer service not consistent. 

14 minutes ago, trashman1965 said:

I believe its intended to be the norm of a complimentary check, but have had varying experiences with the same dealer and other dealers, in/out of warranty with/without service plan. When my car was in for a repair, I was offered a loan car, at £10 per day, other dealers offer free if available. I got an Aygo X as a loan. I also have a corolla. 

I think it's very much down to the dealer, and possibly who you deal with and maybe day of the week. Certainly customer service not consistent. 

Yeah I suspect it’s because the number I gave dialled when booking for service is not the direct number to the dealership. 

My friend has always been given the brand new BZ4X. However the main point is that we both go into the same dealership and he always gets a video after a service but I have never been offered that. 

With our Toyota and Hyundai dealerships (different dealer groups) we always get a video. It isn't a video of the service, but a video of the visual safety check done before the actual service.

It depends on the dealer, the one I use now is quite good which is why I go back even though it’s a 50 mile round trip - I get videos of the service points. 

loan cars are also reasonable, when I had an auris they gave me a Corolla. Which got me considering them as a replacement. One other dealer gave me an automatic aygo which was absolutely terrible - no space at all and a couple of seconds to change gears.

and when I was considering a rav4 they were able to arrange one of those. (Too thirsty, big and didn’t handle as well as Corolla so I went with that instead. Plus the extra horsepower on paper wasn’t really apparent in the real world.)

last time I had a yaris cross loan car, which I liked. It’s just sad that they have removed cheap to include features to make you upgrade to a higher model. Particularly bad was not having wireless Apple CarPlay and having to use a cable - virtually every car has wireless now as standard. 

I do get a video but don't get a free courtesy car.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links