Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Blitz Dsbc And Boost Gauge

EmR2T

I have been reading up on the spec of these and I am right in thinking that I wouldn't need a boost gauge with one these as they have one built in?

Would be quite handy if they do as I have been offered one 2nd hand and would save me the fitting and cost of a seperate gauge.

So for example with your apexi - if you set max boost to say 15psi , you can use the unit as a boost gauge and see the boost max at 15psi in use?

So for example with your apexi - if you set max boost to say 15psi , you can use the unit as a boost gauge and see the boost max at 15psi in use?

Exactly ..

I've set mine to 1 bar .. then you ahve to adjust the "solenoid duty cycle" and when this is spot on, the boost will read the same as the setting .. (if not you adjust the duty).

So on my AVCR I have the boost and the revs displaying peak hold (can do more, but that's enough) .. then my RSM displaying speed .. and then all the stock dials and my omori boost guage too ..

hmmm, just trying to figure out whether I could potentially do without a seperate boost gauge if using a EBC. Depends if you ever need to see 2 settings at one time I guess - which I don't see that you would need to. Just set the max limit then switch to boost gauge mode and check it is correct (simplified but you get what I mean)

:)

the boost guage is easier to read .. as the LCD screen is a bit pants when the sun is on it ..

and I find a needle pointing to 11 o'clock is easier to work out than a flickering 0.745

yeah but I am trying to save some money here ;)

I assume the apexi/ebc gets and sets the boost via an electrical feed though not via a vacumn line? The only use of the vacumn line to the apexi is for boost gauge purpose?

I assume the apexi/ebc gets and sets the boost via an electrical feed though not via a vacumn line? The only use of the vacumn line to the apexi is for boost gauge purpose?

The AVCR has a boost dongle that you plumb into the vacumn line .. then wires heading off to the controller unit ..

I think the stock ECU unit will only read up to fuel cut :thumbsup:

cheers Bibbs :)

What was the difference like going from 10 to 15 psi?

I remember when I got my Corrado's charger pulley/chip/fpr etc done it went from 160 to 200bhp and was like a different car. Can't wait to get the boost up again as the Mr2 has a good bit more bhp stock than my modded G60 did :)

I went from 8psi (191bhp) to 15psi (220bhp and binned clutch) to 14psi and new clutch (250bhp) ..

And the differance? LOADS .. I thought the car was quick before (and on the reoads it was) .. now it's insane ..

260 lb/ft at about 3k rpm .. Leeky almost died when I booted it about town the other night ..

"260 lb/ft at about 3k rpm .. Leeky almost died when I booted it about town the other night .."

Excellent - that's what I like to hear :)

Must admit I have got used to the speed of the MR2 but not in a way that I need to urgently get more power. I think the best thing about them is the fact that they can just put the power down so well, the Corrado being fwd wheelspun with a quick start then again into 2nd - the MR2 just dumps you back in your seat.

Can't beat coming out form a junction then giving it some revs and flipping the tail round a tiny bit right before it grips right to the road and tears off hehe :lol:

Having owned Audi 2.2, BMW 320i, Golf GTi 8v and the Corrado G60 - can definitely say the MR2 tubby, by far, puts the biggest grin on your face when driving. 3rd and 4th gear are awesome - hopefulyl 15psi will make 3rd like 2nd and 4th like 3rd :D

"260 lb/ft at about 3k rpm .. Leeky almost died when I booted it about town the other night .."

Excellent - that's what I like to hear :)

and he's got a 330bhp supra and he said "it shouldnt be allowed" ..

and he's got a 330bhp supra and he said "it shouldnt be allowed" ..

It shouldnt be allowed! :D

Im impressed by the power to weight ratio. Because of the way it picks up you get a feeling similar to that of the Turbos on my car spooling.

Literally because of the little amount of weight its shifting it is very scary, its completely diffrent to the Supra which is quite easy going to drive (until both turbos come on and you cack yourself royally) :lol:

The MR2 Turbo accelerates like a combination of punches from Chris Eubank :lol:

Where as the Supra is like Mohammed Ali, you put your foot down and it suddenly starts dancing until the second turbo comes on and it knocks you clean out :lol::lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links