Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auto High Beam !!!

152bobby

A couple of days ago, I was driving in torrential rain and at night on the motorway and my Auto High Beam kept coming on, even when there were cars in front of me and across on the other side of the motorway.

I had to keep flicking the stock on the steering column to get them back on normal beam,  but they just kept activating, so I just switched the auto function off for now.  My car is parked up for a week, so I'll do further tests on my return.

Whether it's coincidence or not, they were absolutely fine prior to it being serviced a couple of days before at my local Toyota dealer and I also noticed that the back cover around the back of the rear mirror on the windscreen was not clipped on fully !!! Would they be checking something there during a normal service ?

Cheers

Bobby

I never used this on my 22 Yaris as they were so unreliable, doing what you are experiencing.

The 24 Yaris Cross promises to be more efficient, according to the printed blurb but we will see as I've not had an opportunity to use them yet.

My MX5 adaptive lights are amazing, just drive on high beam all the time and watch the light show as they adjust. No one has ever flashed to complain.

As mentioned, they were pretty reliable up until Toyota got their hands on it.  They just worked and didn't bother any other drivers.

I'll check them out in more depth later in the week and if it persists, I'll talk to Toyota about it 👌

turn HBA off with the Button on the dash. (driver's right knee)

Just now, flash22 said:

turn HBA off with the Button on the dash. (driver's right knee)

Yep, that's what I've done.  But this function was very handy WHEN it worked and if it's gone faulty, then Toyota should sort it ?

have you checked the distance settings in the dash menu

Ooh, no.  Didn't know there was one for the HBA, just the one for distance braking !!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links