Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What standalone battery charger should I buy?

KeepRavyRunning

Hello all. First time asking a question. My 2008 Rav4 Limited has a drained Battery. My son left the interior light on whilst playing in the back on Sat & by Monday the car wouldn’t start. All interior lights work but it does not start. I’d like to buy a plug in Battery jumper, but there are so many options. I don’t want to buy the wrong voltage and damage anything. Can someone help?

• Like 1

Hi & welcome.

Given that you have a Limited are you in the USA? This is mainly an UK /European forum so what is available & known here probably differs from where you are.

You title mentions Battery charger but the body mentions a Battery jumper - these are generally different devices with different functions.

A quick Google should find you many group tests for the North American market.

28 minutes ago, KeepRavyRunning said:

Hello all. First time asking a question. My 2008 Rav4 Limited has a drained battery. My son left the interior light on whilst playing in the back on Sat & by Monday the car wouldn’t start. All interior lights work but it does not start. I’d like to buy a plug in battery jumper, but there are so many options. I don’t want to buy the wrong voltage and damage anything. Can someone help?

NOCO. There are a few models so best checking which is best. Really useful unit and keeps it's charge over over 9 months before needing to top it up again.

Used a lot on my last PHEV (Prime) when there was a DCM discharge issue that was eventually fixed with a software update. Keep it in the centre console for emergencies on the new GR Sport PHEV  I got.

NOCO Boost Plus GB40 1000A UltraSafe Car Jump Starter, Jump Starter Power Pack, 12V Battery Booster, Portable Powerbank Charger, and Jump Leads for up to 4.0-Liter Petrol and 3.0-Liter Diesel Engines https://amzn.eu/d/0PIkfoe

I got a bigger unit in case I need to jump the wife's car or anyone else's car that's goosed.  

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links