Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Two different light problems - G4

Nizzehult

I have some problems with the lights on my Prius G4. 

1. The first one is the auto headbeam function. When driving on the countryside in the night and there are some minor light like street lights the high beam turns on prefectly and turns off to low beam itself if I meet another car as it should but if it is completely dark the high beam never goes on, it stays with the low beam on. Sensor on windshield is cleaned. It's all LED. If I turn off the auto-function I can turn the high beam on and off manually with the stick. 

2. Neither of the interior lights goes on when a door is opened but the lights can be turned on manually. There is a switch on both lights but it doesn't matter what position it has regarding this. It's the same for all of the doors. 

I'm clueless of both of these failures...

I replaced my phev around 3 years ago, so this is a bit AFAIR.

However, the auto headlights were about the worst things on an otherwise great car.

The on and off speeds were far too high for country road driving. I think they came on at just over 40 mph, and off at just over 30, so completely useless except for main road driving, where they were quite good.

My current e-Niro doesn't have the matrix lights, but the on-off speeds are about 10mph lower, which makes them much more effective.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links