Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T22 leaking oil

Jappie

Hello everyone,

Recently I bought a t22. I have driving it around 4500km. Two weeks ago a noticed the engine sounding like a diesel, I have a petrol engine, so I poped the hood and noticed nothing. Then I checked the oil level and the oil level was nowhere to be seen on the dipstick. So I went on to fill the oil and two weeks later the oil level again was down to almost nothing (a litle bit more then 1L). So I asked a buddy of mine what the problem could be. We saw burned oil on the heatshield of the exhaust manifold around the backside of the engine between the engine block and the valve cover. So we changed the valve cover gasket, the oil filter and the filled it up with oil (5w30). Since we changed the gasket i have driven about 400km and I checked the oil level and still the oil level was noticeable lower. Then I went to check if the oil was still leaking from the same place and still is leaking oil from the gasket. Also when we changed the oil and oil filter the oil was black, while i had filled up the oil the week prior. My question is: Does anybody know why my car uses so much oil? I have read on this forum that the 1zzfe block of the build year of my car are known to be verry generous with their oil consumtion. 

Some info of my car:

Has driven 119Km, 1.8vvt-i, motorcode: ZZT221(E).

ps. sorry for my bad English, this is not my first language

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links