Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Please help me decide on my next Corolla TS

androbinuk

Hi all,

I really can't make a decision so I thought I'd ask the forum as it's always been helpful. After test driving several cars I decided to go for a Corolla TS for a family of 3, Design, GR Sport or Excel. I am upgrading from a 21 plate Yaris hybrid.

I cannot decide if go for a pre-facelift model (year 20-22) with a budget of £20-21k or stretch a bit more and get the 2023 facelift with all the improvements in the engine and interiors. I'm planning to buy an approved used one.

Do you think the facelift improvements are worth £5-6k extra? I do daily 50 miles motorway driving and normal family life with a 4 months old. Also planning to do some traveling with it.

Please help me decide 😊

I’ve owned 2020 & 2022 GR sport HB , 1.8 & 2.0, now 2023 TS 2.0 Excel. 
If going for pre 23 I’d choose 2.0 GR Sport, if 23 then the 1.8 Excel. This gives the best spec, I do like the digital dash on the 23 model and safety sense 3.0 is way superior. In 23 model the 1.8 has more power and gives better mpg over 2.0, pre23 I’d say 2.0 is better as that year 1.8 lacks power. 
TS is excellent choice as so much more interior space but externally not much longer than HB

• Like 1

I can recommend a 23 Design spec in 2.0L form if you can find one.  Has almost everything you could need but with slightly more comfortable 17” wheels.   I test drove both 1.8 and 2.0L and both were good but 2.0L was a bit less prone to high revs when accelerating.   If you want leather seats and a heads up display then go for an Excel but this didn’t bother me.   The 23 version had the upgraded hybrid drive, full digital dash and a much better infotainment display.  I understand you can get the late 22 spec car with the better infotainment display as well so if I was strictly buying to a £21k budget I would see if I could find a 72 reg TS in 2.0L Design spec guise.  

whether £5-6k is worth spending for a face lift 23 model it’s hard to say as everyone is different.  If you are doing 50 miles a day commute on motorways in my opinion I would go 2.0L (20-23 years) or the latest 130hp 1.8L.  

• Like 1

If going for a 1.8 I would definitely get the 23MY>. If a 2.0 not so much difference.

As for trim, for me it's either Design or Excel depending on how much you fancy leather, HUD & 18" wheels over the Design.

• Like 1

For me the facelift was worth it, as I use remote start most days in winter. The bigger infotainment screen is also used every trip with Apple CarPlay. 

design would have been the best spec for me, but I got a great deal on an icon so took that instead.

The facelift icon spec is much higher than before with things like heated seats, sat nav, etc as standard. The only things I miss from the design are the auto folding wing mirrors and rain sensitive wipers.

• Like 1

Just a thought......  there are pros and cons but it is worth looking at the post 23 Swace as these also have the updated 1.8 engine.  The one below is an ex demo 23 plate for about £19k which is about £4-5k less that what is essentially an identical car (minor spec and front bumper changes) to the corolla estate. You can get unused 24 plates for £22,500 reduced from their £30k list price. 

There are also warranty differences (7 not 10yrs, both <100kmiles) Screenshot_20241002_075550_Chrome.thumb.jpg.893b11c70bb0d428490c1aa5cd984254.jpg

but unlikely you'll need it and you can do a a lot of repairs for £5k!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links