Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What years model has the ' larger '12v battery

badlywornroy

I read on this forum " Toyota saved some money on the earlier models by only fitting a smaller capacity 12v Battery

So when did the 12v Battery get uprated please ?

That’s not the case I believe. The Battery capacity and types depends on car model and sizes. You have your Corolla 2022 and whatever Battery has fitted just keep the same when needed replacement. Battery needs to be exact same fit to be able to be recharged properly by the inverter. If you buy bigger one it will keep charge longer when not in use but when the car is used the inverter may not supply the correct amperage to recharge as it was not designed to recharge larger capacity battery. Stay stock, use the car regularly and you are not gonna have any problems. 

I'm guessing that if they did indeed change the model of Battery then it would have come along with the other upgrades in 2023?

My wife's car takes a size 027 Battery, which (I think) has exactly the same width and height as the one in my Corolla, but with a little extra length and, of course, capacity. I'm tempted to see if it would fit, but it's not worth the trouble until I'm ready to replace the Battery in one car or the other.

I see some replacements for my car are 54Ah, the fitted existing is 45Ah. Assuming it fits physically, would that be ok for the inverter relationship?

My 23 facelift is a 45ah one, much better than the tiny model car Battery under the back seat in my Yaris hybrid. 

IMG_1754.jpeg

That's exactly the same as on my pre-facelift model.

42 minutes ago, sportse said:

My 23 facelift is a 45ah one, much better than the tiny model car battery under the back seat in my Yaris hybrid. 

IMG_1754.jpeg

28 minutes ago, fred88 said:

That's exactly the same as on my pre-facelift model.

Yeah, I also have one of those in my 21 model. Only difference is it's in the boot space. Clearly, my idea to go with a longer Battery would be unlikely to work in the engine bay scenario.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links