Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

The wait is (almost) over....

CJA2002

On Monday, I am due to collect my new Yaris Premier Edition and, having followed some of the comments and reviews from Yaris owners over the past couple of months, I'm really rather excited! :Jumpy:

A couple of points, though - the whole purchase 'experience' has been shambolic! At first, the MT App (which appears to be utter !) says I had two cars on order 😳 Now, I'm stopping eating and heating my house for 6+ months to help pay for just one, there's no way I can afford two of the blighters! * Also, the dealer has been MIA too often, for my liking (especially as Toyots GB have already confirmed they have asked the dealer Sales Manager to reach out to me - I doubt he's EVER been a member of the 4 Tops, so reaching out is definitely NOT an option for him/her!). I understand that Toyota GB also set great score by customer reviews, so I may need to put that to the test, too.......😎

Also, bearing in mind I collect on Monday, the app is still showing my car to be in - Grimsby! This seems, to me, is about par for the Toyota course as the car(s) I had ordered were constantly showing as being in either Grimsby and/or Derbyshire and usually on the same day! I gave up trying to count the number of time they were in either location, after about the 12th! Interestingly, the original order reference is the one I am due to pick up on Monday - providing it ever leaves Grimsby! 🙄

In spite of all this, I AM looking forward to driving it and feel heartened by some of the comments from the forum folk about the likely positive experience I have to come. Time, as always, will tell.

Just one thing - what are the more likely defects/niggles I should expect to appear? Any pointers, will be gratefully received 👌

* - it transpires that this is 'dealer speak' for getting 'mine' quicker.......more bull, is my response

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, CJA2002 said:

what are the more likely defects/niggles I should expect to appear?

Why do you expect any defects or niggles to appear ?
I find some of these comments quite strange, definitely a “glass half empty “ view of life.

Just check the car over as time allows.  Anything you miss can be fixed later.

19 minutes ago, CJA2002 said:

Also, bearing in mind I collect on Monday, the app is still showing my car to be in - Grimsby!

Why is this a problem ?  You collect on Monday so where do you think the car is ? 

• Like 2

You are worrying over nothing. App is not accurate so do not be concerned with it. Collect on Monday and enjoy it. 

First thing I would do is check the tire pressures as that was the only thing wrong with mine. The pressure was way too high, I thought there was something wrong with it on my first drive, as it was riding on solid tires! Other than that I had no complaints. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Ralph H said:

First thing I would do is check the tire pressures as that was the only thing wrong with mine. The pressure was way too high, I thought there was something wrong with it on my first drive, as it was riding on solid tires! Other than that I had no complaints. 

Good to hear.

Don't you love a good PDI? 😁

58 minutes ago, Graham47 said:

Why do you expect any defects or niggles to appear ?
I find some of these comments quite strange, definitely a “glass half empty “ view of life.

Just check the car over as time allows.  Anything you miss can be fixed later.

Why is this a problem ?  You collect on Monday so where do you think the car is ? 

As to a glass half-empty - that's life experience and buying new cars!

51 minutes ago, Mojo1010 said:

You are worrying over nothing. App is not accurate so do not be concerned with it. Collect on Monday and enjoy it. 

Thanks, I aim to

Funnily enough, my tyres were correct on handover… I didn’t find a single preventable thing on my handover, car was well prepped. 
I did drip about the deletion of rear interior light due having the pan roof and  asked why they don’t set the default for the open all windows with the key fob as standard either.

tell the truth though I did go and look at it a couple of days before and noticed the rear number plate was not quite level and the panel gaps weren’t quite Lexus uniformity (1mm or 2 different left and right in places but as it’s a Toyota YC I let it go).
i suspect after that they though we better PDI this properly 😂

Good for you, Harry! 😄

Tell a lie, I did pick up the ceramic coating. I could feel very slight dust/grit in it in places and the garage have agreed to polish it down and reapply. I said all being well and it ‘performs’ ok I’ll leave it to first service next year or if not I’ll bring it in earlier to which they agreed….
My thinking is I’ll get an extra years protection out of it and my ‘wash’ with the first service will be a full prep and ceramic coating..

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links