Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New HUD icon, and is there a list somewhere?

Nick72

New icon popped up a couple of times on the HUD. A zig zag on I think a white background. I think it was warning of an upcoming chicane. Did it outbound and inbound so definitely related to the chicane. First time I've seen that. It was a pop up in the middle of the HUD.

I wondered if this was via the RSA or simply preprogrammed into the maps?

Had a look in the manual but it says very little about the HUD. I was expecting a list of icons but there isn't. Any ideas?

I see that now and then on my Yaris, usually when I'm on a hoon, and I think it's the traction or stability control kicking in for a moment.

That said that's normally a tiny amber light on the dash and not my HUD, so may not be the same thing...!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Cyker said:

I see that now and then on my Yaris, usually when I'm on a hoon, and I think it's the traction or stability control kicking in for a moment.

That said that's normally a tiny amber light on the dash and not my HUD, so may not be the same thing...!

Good point. A possibility. It flashed up for about 2 or 3 seconds. First time I was confused what it was telling me. 

23 minutes ago, Nick72 said:

Good point. A possibility. It flashed up for about 2 or 3 seconds. First time I was confused what it was telling me. 

That seems to be the theme for these modern cars...

"BEEP BEEP BEEP"

What?

"BEEP BOOP BEEP"

WHAT?!?!?!

"BIP BIP"

@#$%&*£%$

• Like 2

Another possibility - Were you using the satnav? It might actually be a satnav chicane warning if you were!

• Like 1

Looks like it was this. Just found it. Was using adaptive cruise control and I was on a long back n forth winding A road.

Screenshot_20241005_162334_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

I had no idea what curve speed reduction was. Not sure that was on my last RAV. I just recall it would bomb it at whatever speed you set irrespective of the bend!

49 minutes ago, Nick72 said:

I had no idea what curve speed reduction was. Not sure that was on my last RAV. I just recall it would bomb it at whatever speed you set irrespective of the bend!

Not on my RAV, and probably not on your old one.

I stopped using ACC on Welsh A roads quite early on. I'd set it at 60 and 'happily' follow the car in front doing 45 - which would then 'evaporate', and my car would accelerate like mad to attain the set speed again only to hit the anchors when the car in front 'reappeared'. The old ACC system was confused by bends and utterly defeated by crests! 🙂 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links