Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

The poor Corolla speakers, a possible fix?

nielshm

My 2019 Corolla has crappy Speakers like many others Toyotas from that time period. 

The other day I signed up for a free trial with Tidal, high quality streaming in near lossless quality.

That actuality changes the performance of the Speakers. Let's say, putting in 100% sound quality, the Speakers maybe returns 60-70%. It's not that bad, some details gets cut off, but sitting in a car with road/wind noise, it's not to bad. 

If the streaming service uses highly compressed audio material, the initial quality is maybe only 75%, and the quality output from the speakers gets down to 45%, cutting away every kind of fine detail, making the listening experience horrible.  Combined with road/wind noise, a wellknown song can be totally ruined. 

Don't know the make up of your speaker sysytem, but found it a faily easy did job to replace the front Speakers on our old E12 Corolla with  a Pioneer speaker kit which also included some dash level tweeters which gave a really good sound improvement; the wiring for the tweeters was already in place.

Placing some sound deadening pads on the door panel behind the speaker also improves the sound / bass.

42 minutes ago, oldcodger said:

Don't know the make up of your speaker sysytem, but found it a faily easy did job to replace the front speakers on our old E12 Corolla with  a Pioneer speaker kit which also included some dash level tweeters which gave a really good sound improvement; the wiring for the tweeters was already in place.

Placing some sound deadening pads on the door panel behind the speaker also improves the sound / bass.

I think the primary Speakers is in front of the dash, just beneath the wind screen. I have no idea how to replace them.

The speaker in the door is'nt very loud, and I don't think a replacement will have a significant effect. 

Tidal is the same price as Spotify, so if higher quality can improve things just a bit, maybe replacement can be spared.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links