Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Baffling trip info on multimedia display

AWED

Hi,

On my 2024 Corolla estate the multmedia display has a "car" button.  If I press it I see what is supposed to be the trip data, i.e. fuel economy figures. It has two tabs. "Current" I understand - this updates as you drive along and shows an immediate view of fuel economy - not very interesting in my opinion. The other tab is labelled "History".  I was hoping this would show a record of average fuel economy for previous trips. Instead it shows a single figure "0.9 mpg" and that's it, no other information, and this never changes.  There are no buttons you can press. The "clear data" and "update" buttons are inactive.

How can I make this display work?

Also, when I stop the car and power it down, the driver's display (not the multimedia unit, the info panel between the "dials") helpfully shows trip ino summary - average speed, fuel economy, etc. Very useful. But as soon as a passenger opens a door that info is replaced by a door-open indicator and the trip info is lost.  Is there anyway to bring it back? I made my first motorway run yestday and was keen to see the fuel consumption figure but before I could read it it had been wiped by the graphic showing a passenger door was open.

PXL_20241006_075417128.jpg

PXL_20241006_075435389.jpg

I don't use the displays on the infotainment screen, but use the app instead.

If you use the MyToyota app it keeps a record of all your trips and the mpg as well as other information about the trip including a driving score.

2 hours ago, AWED said:

But as soon as a passenger opens a door that info is replaced by a door-open indicator and the trip info is lost.  Is there anyway to bring it back?

Hit the Back button with reverse arrow on steering wheel to clear the door-open indicator

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links