Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New safety features for 2024 models.

HarryW2024

IMG_6428.thumb.png.c5a3b541214426d6431044276256bf6c.png

one of the new features is an update to the PCS introducing ‘intersection collision avoidance support’ for ‘crossing vehicles’, the third new feature above.

Well twice now this has cut in and nearly brought me to a complete stop by emergency braking. This has occurred at T junctions where I’m on the main road and a vehicle has approached from the left. Granted both times it was because the vehicle on the left has been part of the late braking club where hitting their give way lines is a target to be met by them slamming in their brakes at the last minute with no margin for error, once a van the other a taxi, so both fully paid up members of said club.

The issue though is both times I’ve not had anyone behind but I hate to think what would happen if I was being tail gated. 

Thoughts?…..….

Not a nice thought........

Do the brake lights not come on, when the auto bit cuts in?

I have a new-style Honda CR-V that has a similar feature and it sometimes slams the brakes on for no obvious reason - someone opoening a car door, yards away can do it - but I'm told the brake lights come on (never been travelling behind me to check, of course 😄) but appreciate that a tail gaiter might well not have the time to react.

My presumption is the brake lights come on and possibly flash too as it’s an emergency stop.

as said if someone was too close they probably wouldn’t be able to react quick enough which is the worry.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links