Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fuel grade for Yaris

Suzy100

I've always used E5 petrol in my old 2014 Yaris hybrid and it goes for miles and miles and miles........

Whereas anytime I use E10, I'm back for more petrol a lot sooner.

Going tomorrow to pick up my new 2022 Yaris hybrid and wondering if it's okay to use E5 petrol in it?

(Mechanically I mean, nothing to do with Green ideals which really don't make sense when I know I have to fill up more often with the diluted stuff)

Manual states that both E5 and E10 are fine for the engine.

You can try both and measure the MPG and then decide which one to use 🙂

You'll probably notice it's a little smoother and quieter, especially the transition from EV to electric. Because of these things it will feel as though it goes better and you'll get maybe 5% better MPG. Personally I run on E5 because it's just that little bit nicer and as I'm not doing huge mileage the extra cost is worthwhile. This is on my corolla but noticed similar on other Half's Yaris.

• Like 1

There's lots of variables to MPG, too many to mention. However I have no choice in the matter as I only can get E10. I do mostly long runs in the hilliest county in Ireland and all summer (so called) I'm getting 74 to 76 MPG, measured accurately on a fill to fill basis, not on the cars computer figures. So you pays your money and take your choice, I don't have that choice, the car runs perfectly on it in my opinion. 

• Like 1

E5 is by far the better choices even for those cars that were not specifically designed to run on it, it’s just a better fuel. 
You can use e5, e10 or any mix in between. The more important here is to try to avoid supermarkets garages and any other cheaper ones. Those are cheap because lack important additives in the fuels. BP, Esso, Shell, TEXACO, These are good. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

E5 is by far the better choices even for those cars that were not specifically designed to run on it, it’s just a better fuel. 
You can use e5, e10 or any mix in between. The more important here is to try to avoid supermarkets garages and any other cheaper ones. Those are cheap because lack important additives in the fuels. BP, Esso, Shell, TEXACO, These are good. 

Any view on jet garage fuel 

Yes, 'because it's cheaper' isn't always the soultion, but it's a powerful motivator nonetheless

I try and mix my fuel purchases up, between premium brands and a cheaper alternative, on a regular basis.

So far, so good..........🤞

8 minutes ago, Eddiefh said:

I haven’t used jet garages and have no idea how good are the fuels there. 
Morrisons , Sainsbury’s, Asda , these aren’t good imo. And those small private places that sells cheap. 

31 minutes ago, Eddiefh said:

Mine seems to like the fuel from Jet, runs similar to Esso, but YMMV as I think the Jet I tested is supplied by the same place as the Esso across the road :laugh: 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eddiefh said:

jet garage fuel 

It  took me a while to understand that you are not pumping jet fuel into the car, although my brain reminded me that it wouldn't be the first time I've heard about it... https://9gag.com/photo/axy149b_460sv.mp4 😄 

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links