Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Advice on what to do re: front bumper?

M4L

So last week I made the silly mistake of hitting into a wall on my driveway, causing some cosmetic damage. However, I also noticed the front bumper was starting to come off too.

any advice on what to do as I am really stressed and a new driver too so not really confident in this area?

I have tried slotting it into place but no luck, I wonder whether it’s something to do with the bracket itself? Not sure where to take it to for an inspection and my fear is that it might end up completely falling off on the way to a mechanic!

I know I’ll have to pay for the paintwork regardless but I’d really rather not fork out for a brand new bumper so any advice would be much appreciated. 

IMG_0067.jpeg

IMG_0057.jpeg

IMG_0059.jpeg

• Sad 1

It should click back in if it's like the other models, but it may be the clip's snapped. Alas the Mk3 is the one generation of Yaris I haven't owned so I'll wait for an actual owner to comment with something more concrete!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cyker said:

It should click back in if it's like the other models, but it may be the clip's snapped. Alas the Mk3 is the one generation of Yaris I haven't owned so I'll wait for an actual owner to comment with something more concrete!!

Thanks - if it is the clip that’s snapped, would it be easy to reattach by a mechanic? Or am I looking at an entire new bumper?

The clip is part of the bumper.

On closer inspection the raised bits of the bumper look to be ok, looks like the paint has come off the bit what looks black, you may be able to clip them back under the wing, but looking at the impact if anything is out of line behind the bumper it will never line up and could be a costly mistake.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links