Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fuse for ac bulbs

Nicobo

Hi everyone, I have a 2008 Yaris. One of the ac panel bulbs wasn't working so I bought T4 led bulbs ro replace. I think I messed something up, as when I tried ro change it it initially lit up, but then I apprently did somwrhing with some tweezers I used ro change the bulb, felt a birning smell and now none of the three bulbs are working. I'm thinking it could be a fuse thing, but not sure which one it could be.

Any help would be great here!

Topic moved to the Yaris forum.

No specific advice at a distance other than to say that fuses don't usually smell and burn. They should just fail open circuit 'cleanly'.

Without seeing diagrams or looking at a panel I think the first step is to fit known correct bulb types as a starting point and then take it from there. If you shorted the contacts to the bulb with the tweezers and shorted the supply then yes, a fuse may blow but the burning smell suggests something else as well. Maybe they are fed from a low value resistor or fed from electronic switching... all guesswork without detailed examination of how its configured.    

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links