Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2.0 injector issue are they just random

taxidriver50005

Just a thought as knowledge is always king but for people who have had issues where are you based, where do you fuel up. 

I'm Skelmersdale and personally know of 3 other cars in my area that have needed injectors, my local dealer has seen a few more corolla's and lots of rav 4's.

I don't believe it's down to E5 or E10 but it could be the depot where fuel is coming from or even we are all filling at the same garages 

I was using the same 2 local Shell garages for V-power from new. Basingstoke, Hants 

The quality of fuels and generally how they have been stored into the petrol stations tanks its a factor and the ethanol content  that only worsen the things. Maybe the climate in uk does it’s job too. , moisture in the air a lot. 

Is it the port or direct injectors that fail? Assume it runs on direct injection then the ports kick in on acceleration. 

Mine is a road-trip car; it sits outside the house until it's time for a trip and then I go long distance, refuelling all over the place, even overseas in Ireland. No issues for me yet but, then again, the car has only done 26k because it spends so many days just sitting outside the house.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links