Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Cross 2021 Interior lighting

archezjaime

Our car has a black headlining and no rear courtesy light so seeing stuff on the back seat or getting in and out in the dark is difficult.  I've fitted Philips led bulbs in the front courtesy lights and this has improved lighting in the front.  I intended to fit a light unit in the rear headlining, but cannot get a fish through to the front to draw a cable.  I removed the two plastic clips fitted roughly centrally to drop the headlining slightly but to had no success.  Besides insulation there appears to be  at leat one steel cross brace in the way.  Has anyone managed to get a cable through and, if so, how?  

19 minutes ago, archezjaime said:

Our car has a black headlining and no rear courtesy light so seeing stuff on the back seat or getting in and out in the dark is difficult.  I've fitted Philips led bulbs in the front courtesy lights and this has improved lighting in the front.  I intended to fit a light unit in the rear headlining, but cannot get a fish through to the front to draw a cable.  I removed the two plastic clips fitted roughly centrally to drop the headlining slightly but to had no success.  Besides insulation there appears to be  at leat one steel cross brace in the way.  Has anyone managed to get a cable through and, if so, how?  

If you do a quick search on the Forum, I think I remember someone has done this and put a very nice VW light in the rear.  I'd love to do this, but for the amount of times we have people in the rear seats, it's just not worth the hassle.

I have a rechargeable touch light on each rear pillar should more light be required.

I think this was the topic 🙂 

• Like 1

The 24 MY Yaris Cross has a rear interior LED light in the roof headlining - might be worth investigating further.

The front interior light is LED as well.

24 minutes ago, forkingabout said:

The 24 MY Yaris Cross has a rear interior LED light in the roof headlining - might be worth investigating further.

The front interior light is LED as well.

I too have a MY24 a YC PE with pan roof, Toyota rather than reposition it further back they kindly just deleted the ‘new’ rear overhead light. They also omitted to tell me when ordering, I let my feelings be known at hand over 😂.

that said even without the light the fact the pan roof removes 80% of the black headlining so it’s a much nicer place to sit.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links