Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hybrid System Malfunction Code P0A1B

Redza

Hello folks,

I have Toyota Yaris Cross 2022 hybrid, recently I started experiencing issues with the car, it started first with just knocking time to time, no alerts or alarms on the dashboard, but then I started getting messages suddenly happening and poping up on the dashboard screen, the car while I drive it start by few knocking/bonking (usually when drive at 30/40KPH )..the messages getting show up ( BrakingPower Low, ParkingBrake Malfunction LTA unavailable, Pri-collision system Malfunction and with check engine light on, peeping and alarms. 

it happens with no clear triggers/reasons, I have tried to know what could be the reason/cause but no luck .. I took it to the dealer and he also couldnt find the reason till now..

sometimes when it start doing this behavior, it lead to the engine to goes to Ignition mode and in the middle of the road car stops and I have to stop, switch off the engine and then on.. 

Also If I park the car for some time (sometimes ) the message on the dashboard and light goes off ( like nothing happened ) but after driving it happens again

During the diagnosis, we managed to read the error code, there are alot of the code P0A1B Drive A Control Module

I have attached videos for the issue 

I wish I can find some help to know at least what is the root cause. 

Thanks for all. 

Redza

Could it possibly be as simple as loose 12v Battery connections under the rear seat? Not sure if the second video relates to 12v or drive Battery.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BerksBrad said:

Could it possibly be as simple as loose 12v battery connections under the rear seat? Not sure if the second video relates to 12v or drive battery.

Thanks Ian, first time happened, I took it to the dealer, they replace the hybrid filter under the back seat and they cleaned something, but the issue remains and everyday it gets worse and worse.. 

I took it to the diagnosis more than 3 times now and no luck...

Thanks 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links