Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota CHR Mk2 recall

Louie

Yeah and they're only going to get more draconian - Speed limiters is the next one coming, and given how inaccurate the RSA is I don't think I could deal with that; My Mk4's ADAS already tries to kill me enough as it is! :eek: :laugh: 

If the systems were limited to warning I'd be less skeptical of them, but for them to be able to unilaterally take control away from you but you still be responsible for any following incidents just doesn't work for me.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Cyker said:

Speed limiters is the next one coming

What do you mean by coming? It's been here since 7th July 2024 - see: All new cars sold in Europe required to be equipped with speed limiters from this week (RAC). OK, yes, "Although this law will not apply in Britian, it is very likely that most new cars will be affected by the introduction of the technology. This is because the manufacturers are unlikely to modify new vehicle designs for the market here in Britain." and it will apply in Northern Ireland ('cos it has a land border with the EU.

So, we get ISA with audible nags but it's not yet clear to me whether engine power will be reduced. Even so: "In practice, if a driver exceeds the speed limit, an audible warning is sounded and then the car’s speed is automatically reduced. But a driver can still press hard on the accelerator to override it momentarily, for instance to negotiate a hazard in the road ahead."

But it's demonstrably not here yet, as shown by all the people with 2024 cars that don't have it.

I was expecting all new cars 'here' to already have it, as I read a similar article, but they clearly aren't yet as you just get an audible warning that you can't turn off permanently - Nobody with a new 2024 car, at least on this forum, has a hard limiter like I was expecting, but I suspect that will not be the case forever.

So hence why I said 'coming'.

57 minutes ago, Cyker said:

Nobody with a new 2024 car, at least on this forum, has a hard limiter like I was expecting, but I suspect that will not be the case forever.

The hard limiter is one of four options available to manufacturers. You can read the appropriate legislation here:

https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/HTML/?uri=PI_COM:Ares(2021)2243084

TLDR: The manufacturers can choose between 1) having the pedal push back if you go over the speed limit, 2) reducing the engine power, 3) beeping or 4) vibrating the pedal.

The manufacturers also have to report back to the governing body on how often drivers turn the systems off, so Big Brother is watching you, and depending on the results they may change the options in the future.

• Like 2

Oh interesting it's been watered down since I last looked at it; Maybe this is as bad as it gets then...? :fear: 

• Like 1

Neil  no Towing Solutions Pack fitted to  my Design.

Slightly of the beaten track just had some chatter come through re ripple effect in rear screens on 2024 CHR models but no clue which ones  or is it affecting all. Toyota have replaced some but to no effect any idea what this is all about ?

Cyker autonomous driving is now running for real in San Francisco and here it is https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=AwrkgKpN4ApnwwE54rN3Bwx.;_ylu=Y29sbwMEcG9zAzEEdnRpZAMEc2VjA3Ny/RV=2/RE=1728794830/RO=10/RU=https%3a%2f%2fwaymo.com%2fblog%2f2024%2f06%2fwaymo-one-is-now-open-to-everyone-in-san-francisco%2f/RK=2/RS=bXGN5nBuK.hVEnwZPcpAGFwl75U-

I know its a taxi service at present run by Wamo but its a very close to customers eventually getting their hands on a fully autonomous mode of transport.

1 hour ago, Louie said:

Neil  no Towing Solutions Pack fitted to  my Design.

Slightly of the beaten track just had some chatter come through re ripple effect in rear screens on 2024 CHR models but no clue which ones  or is it affecting all. Toyota have replaced some but to no effect any idea what this is all about ?

Just wondering why the PKSB recall is being applied to cars without the Towing Solutions Pack fitted 🤔

CaCyker autonomous driving is now running for real in San Francisco and here it is https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=AwrkgKpN4ApnwwE54rN3Bwx.;_ylu=Y29sbwMEcG9zAzEEdnRpZAMEc2VjA3Ny/RV=2/RE=1728794830/RO=10/RU=https%3a%2f%2fwaymo.com%2fblog%2f2024%2f06%2fwaymo-one-is-now-open-to-everyone-in-san-francisco%2f/RK=2/RS=bXGN5nBuK.hVEnwZPcpAGFwl75U-

I know its a taxi service at present run by Wbut its a very close to customers eventually getting their hands on a fully autonomous mode of transport.

Neil will let you know next week when the car goes in to the dealer for the recall.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Louie said:

Neil will let you know next week when the car goes in to the dealer for the recall.

Thanks Louie - I’d be interested what technical info Toyota communicate to the dealer as often very little is fed back to the customer 👍

I put in both my car details and each time got this return 🫠

Screenshot_20241014_132606_Chrome.jpg

12 hours ago, PAISLEY1903 said:

I put in both my car details and each time got this return 🫠

Screenshot_20241014_132606_Chrome.jpg

I get this now as well despite waiting for a new appointment to update my Multimedia System - go figure 🤷‍♂️

• Haha 1

Well after 2 weeks and hearing nothing, I contacted my dealer today to be advised that Toyota are now pushing out the Multimedia Unit ZGG61 update OTA. I queried the logistics of this as I was told my unit needed a full reprogramming, amounting to multiple USB sticks and several hours of update time.

I’ve fired off an email to Toyota CS as this doesn’t seem right 🤷‍♂️

• Thanks 1

On 10/15/2024 at 9:40 PM, CassUK said:

Well after 2 weeks and hearing nothing, I contacted my dealer today to be advised that Toyota are now pushing out the Multimedia Unit ZGG61 update OTA. I queried the logistics of this as I was told my unit needed a full reprogramming, amounting to multiple USB sticks and several hours of update time.

I’ve fired off an email to Toyota CS as this doesn’t seem right 🤷‍♂️

I was told the dealer would need the car for “about an hour” to do the multimedia and the towing brake updates 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

Andy same here so need an hour to kill in Boston 😞

How many times can you play More Than a Feeling by Boston in Boston in an hour...? :laugh: 

On 10/12/2024 at 10:00 PM, Louie said:

Cyker autonomous driving is now running for real in San Francisco and here it is https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=AwrkgKpN4ApnwwE54rN3Bwx.;_ylu=Y29sbwMEcG9zAzEEdnRpZAMEc2VjA3Ny/RV=2/RE=1728794830/RO=10/RU=https%3a%2f%2fwaymo.com%2fblog%2f2024%2f06%2fwaymo-one-is-now-open-to-everyone-in-san-francisco%2f/RK=2/RS=bXGN5nBuK.hVEnwZPcpAGFwl75U-

I know its a taxi service at present run by Wamo but its a very close to customers eventually getting their hands on a fully autonomous mode of transport.

Saw it when I was there in June - laughed that it was on a Jaguar (no problems with reliability then). 😂

LMM

28 minutes ago, Lawnmowerman said:

Saw it when I was there in June - laughed that it was on a Jaguar (no problems with reliability then). 😂

LMM

And, by chance, our eldest was in Phoenix on business last week ...

Yes, it started life as an iPace ...
  • Sad 1

Neil so spent 2.5 hours in Listers this PM despite being told one hour is sufficient waiting for the Recall fixes.  Actually some of this was spent in  Lidl  examining the contents of the middle isle next door to the dealership any way disappointed I could not find a nuclear sub, chain canon or an Apache helicopter  perhaps another time. 

Please see picture of paperwork. So far the CHR is behaving itself and oddly there has been  the appearance of new graphics on the driver display I have not seen before e.g. the car in front distancing plus a few other displays I have not seen before. I there say other stuff will flash up we shall see. 

Recall 1&2.jpg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links